25th August 2014, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

PhD entrance exam question papers of Sociology?

please send me phd entrance exam question papers i.e ttest papers socialogy.........i wanted to register for PHD this time please help me with the phd test questions

Related Questions:
  1. Model question papers with solution of Ph.D in Sociology entrance exam?
  2. Can I do Ph.D in Sociology having completed Graduation in Commerce and M.A. in Sociology? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Colleges and guidelines for PhD Sociology?
  4. Previous question papers of PhD entrance exam for Computer Science?
  5. Previous PhD entrance exam question papers?
  6. Information about JNU entrance exam for PG medical sociology? Mode question papers of it?
  7. Kuvempu University B.A Sociology 1st Year Paper-I General Sociology exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. PhD Tourism entrance exam question papers? -- [New]
  9. Gujarat University, M. Phil, Sociology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University M.Sc in Medical Sociology-Principles of Sociology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. Nalanda Open University-BA in Sociology Introduction to Sociology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. University of Kashmir-Faculty of Social Sciences Sociology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. Nalanda Open University MA in Sociology-Part I-Theoretical Perspectives in Sociology (Paper II) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. Minimum percentage required in M.A.(Sociology) for Ph.D program?
  15. Industrial pharmacy PhD old question papers and tentative dates for entrance exam?
  16. Civil Services Exam Sociology (Paper I) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. Civil Services Exam Sociology (Paper II) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. How to prepare for Ph.D(sociology) entrancing exam? Is there any age limit to get admission in Ph.D? I have been completed my MA in sociology.
16th November 2014, 07:43 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: PhD entrance exam question papers of Sociology?

Sociology is the branch of social sciences and PhD in Sociology deals with investigation and critical analysis to develop and refine a structure of knowledge about human behavior and activities

Eligibility:

• Candidates should be at least graduates with considerable knowledge on the concerned subject.
• Candidates having completed their post graduation are also eligible to enroll for this course.

Entrance Exams for PhD in Sociology are:

• University of Delhi PhD Entrance Exam
• IGNOU PhD Entrance Exam

Paper Pattern:

Paper contains objective questions and descriptive questions. Objective questions are for 50 marks and descriptive questions are for 50 marks.

Syllabus:

Concepts:

• Basic concepts: Institutions, Culture, Norms and Values, Social Structure
• Institutions: Family and marriage, Education, Economy, Polity, Religion, Stratification – forms of stratification (Caste, Class, Gender, Ethnic)
• Concepts related to development and globalization, dimensions of globalization, changing concept of work

Conceptualizing Indian Society:

• Theoretical Perspectives
• Development and globalization
• Debates: Tradition & modernity in India, Secularism

Methods:

• Nature of Social Research – Definition, hypothesis, theory and concept, Research design
• Quantitative and Qualitative methodology

Reference Books:

• A student's manual of Library and information science UGC Descriptive by P.S.G.Kumar
• Library and information science Volume I by C.K.Sharma
• Library and information science Volume II by C.K.Sharma
• Library and information science Volume III by C.K.Sharma
• A Success Guide For UGC NET/SLET In Library & Information Science 290 by A.Kaliammal, Mounissamy.P

Please, find attachments for complete syllabus and previous and sample papers for PhD Sociology Entrance Examination
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ph.D-Socilogy 2013.PDF(598.2 KB, 1002 views)
File Type: pdf questions_sociology.pdf(493.2 KB, 744 views)
File Type: pdf SociologyPh.D.Syllabus.pdf(990.5 KB, 549 views)
File Type: doc socphdent11june2010[1].doc(75.5 KB, 259 views)
7th August 2019, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: PhD entrance exam question papers of Sociology?

Only jnu university PhD pet entrance exam previous questions paper in sociology sub.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?