8th February 2015, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do direct Ph.D or I need to do M.Phil after M.Sc course?

I completed my msc.

Can i able to do direct phd or is it necessary to study mphil before doing phd?

8th February 2015, 08:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do direct Ph.D or I need to do M.Phil after M.Sc course?

You can take admission in Ph.D straight after completing your M.Sc with 55% marks but you have to pass some screening tests then only you will get admission. There are Ph.D entrance exams conducted by the respective Universities for Master's Degree holders.

If you have qualified exams like NET/SLET/JRF then you don't have to appear for any entrance exam. In the same way if you have M.Phil qualification then you will be exempted from entrance exam for Ph.D admission. Those with teaching fellowships or 5 years of professional experience in relevant field are also eligible for admission.
9th February 2015, 12:42 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do direct Ph.D or I need to do M.Phil after M.Sc course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my msc.

Can i able to do direct phd or is it necessary to study mphil before doing phd?
Master Degree is the minimum educational qualification to apply for PhD course, so after completing M.Sc course you are eligible to apply for PhD course. No need to apply for the M.Phil. However, you must qualify in UGC NET/SLET exam or the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university in order to get admission to PhD.

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate must have completed a Masters Degree in relevant field with not less than 55% from a recognized university. Those candidates who belong to reserved category must score at least 50% of marks of Master degree level.

Admission to these courses is made on the basis of UGC NET/GATE/SLET score. Some universities may also conduct their own entrance exam within the college for selecting the candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?