27th March 2016, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Integrated PhD in Physics for EEE student?

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am doing B.Tech in EEE. I am very much interested to do Research in Physics. I don't know if this is possible now to do Integrated PhD course in Physics after my B.Tech course in any reputed institution?

Related Questions:
  1. Criteria for joining integrated phd (astro physics)? Colleges for integrated phd (astro physics) in Bangalore?
  2. Detailed information about entrance exams to study Integrated PhD in Theoretical Physics for B.Sc final year student?
  3. Universities offering Integrated PhD in Physics without JEST for B.Tech(EEE) graduate?
  4. IGNOU offers Integrated PhD in Physics/Astrophysics program for M.Sc 1st semester student?
  5. Is integrated Ph.D better than individual M.Sc followed by Ph.D after B.Sc physics? List of colleges for M.Sc in Physics in Mumbai?
  6. What is Integrated PhD? Duration of Integrated PhD? is it more preferable then doing MSc and PhD separately? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Colleges offering Integrated Ph.D programme for an EEE candidate who have scored 334 marks in GATE?
  8. List of institutes with fee structure which offer Integrated PhD in Physics for B.Sc 1st year candidate? Course duration and entrance exams to get admission?
  9. Best Institute which offer Integrated PhD in Theoretical Physics in India? When the notification of entrance exam will be released?
  10. List colleges for doing Integrated PhD in Physics in Bangalore?
  11. Institutes offering MSc or Integrated Ph.D programme in Physics?
  12. Integrated PhD has more value than PhD done after M.Sc? Duration of course and good universities for it?
  13. Admission in integrated M.Sc+Ph.D through JEST? Last date of application?
  14. Colleges offering Integrated PhD in Physics in Bangalore?
  15. Entrance exams to study Integrated PhD in Physics in India?
  16. Is Phd preferable over M.Sc and then PhD? Colleges offering integrated PhD in Mumbai?
  17. Availability of application forms for BARC and IISER integrated PhD in Physics?
  18. Is integrated PhD more valuable? Duration and streams of Chemistry available?
30th March 2016, 12:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Integrated PhD in Physics for EEE student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am doing B.Tech in EEE. I am very much interested to do Research in Physics. I don't know if this is possible now to do Integrated PhD course in Physics after my B.Tech course in any reputed institution?
You are doing B.Tech in EEE so you are not eligible to do integrated Ph.D course in Physics.

But you can do integrated Ph.D course in the Electronics field. But you should qualify in CSIR NET exam.
30th March 2016, 07:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, B.Tech EEE is good enough to make you eligible for admission in Ph.D in Physics. Just try to qualify exams like GATE/NET/SET/JRF in the given field.
Admission will be based on the performance in interview and viva which will be conducted by the concerned institution or university.
31st March 2016, 12:32 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Madam,
Yes, it is possible to do Integrated PhD (M.Sc + PhD) in Physics for EEE students. The eligibility to join the course in Mahatma Gandhi University, Institute for Intensive Research in Basic Sciences (IIRBS) is a B.E/B.Tech any engineering. There will be written examination for the admission to the course. The aspirant can check all the other details in the website link given Click here

The aspirant can also study at Indian Institute of Science and Research Thiruvananthapuram. The website link is Click here. You can also study at Bose Institute and University of Calcutta, the Integrated M.Sc and PhD course in Physical Sciences. The website link is Click here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?