28th October 2022, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Are we eligible to write the UGC NET exam after PG Diploma in Clinical Nutrition?

I have completed Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics. So, now am I eligible for UGC NET examination? If yes, then which subject option should I choose in NET exam? And, when is the upcoming exam going to be conducted?

31st October 2022, 03:05 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are we eligible to write the UGC NET exam after PG Diploma in Clinical Nutrition?

The minimum educational qualification required to write UGC NET is a candidate must have passed a master's degree with a minimum score of 55% marks from a recognized university. There is no age limit for the Assistant Professor posts a candidate should be below 30 years of age for the Junior Research Fellowship. If you have completed your postgraduate diploma from a recognized university then you can apply for this UGC NET examination.

Candidates are advised to choose the subject of their post-graduation or the relevant subject in the UGC NET examination.
31st October 2022, 04:05 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Are we eligible to write the UGC NET exam after PG Diploma in Clinical Nutrition?

Nutrition is included in the Home Science subject, so you can apply for the UGC NET exam with Home Science.

You should have masters’ degree to appear for the NTA NET exam with minimum 55% aggregate marks if they belong to General category or minimum 50% aggregate marks if they are from OBC/SC/ST/PwD/Transgender category. Candidates who are enrolled in the post-graduation can also apply for the UGC NET exam.

Aspirants must also follow age criteria for NET JRF i.e. 30 years. Reserved categories get the 5 years’ age relaxation.

For Assistant Professor there is no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?