7th July 2016, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

What is the admission procedure followed for doing Ph.D in IIT, Bombay?

M.S in electronics and electrical Engg.with GRE score has done from U.S.A then for PhD admission GATE score mandatory/required? Can you please provide me the details on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon as possible. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the admission procedure followed for doing Ph.D in IIT, Bombay?
  2. IIT Bombay or IIT Madras, which is better for M.Tech Transportation Engineering?
  3. Procedure to get admission in IIT Bombay after Diploma engineering? Score required in final semester?
  4. Can I get admission to study M.Tech(CSE) in IIT-Bombay after completion of M.Sc(IT)? How many seats available for M.Tech(CSE) in IIT-Bombay? Fee expenses of this course?
  5. Admission procedure to study PhD in IIT for MCA postgraduate?
  6. How to do Ph.D in Biomedical Engineering in IIT Bombay? Whats the duration of the course?
  7. Eligibility to do PhD in Physics in IIT-Bombay for a candidate who has secured 53.6% in M.Sc?
  8. Reference books and study materials for Ph.D in Economic written entrance exam of IIT-Bombay?
  9. Procedure to take admission in IIT Bombay to study in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)? Total cost to complete course?
  10. Does IIT offer PhD in Mathematics course? Procedure to get admission?
  11. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  12. What is the procedure followed to take admission for Ph.D in IIT in Electronics and Telecommunication field?
  13. How to get admission in IIT Bombay after completing Diploma?
  14. PHD in IIT through GATE? Calling mode for PHD in IITs? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Is it necessary to appear in GATE for study PhD in IIT? Can I get admission through NET?
  16. What is the procedure followed for Ph.D admissions? Am I eligible to do if I have 60% marks from IGNOU?
  17. Admission procedure to study PhD(Physics) in IIT-Delhi for a UGC JRF qualifier?
  18. Can I take admission in IIT Bombay, if appear for exam at Jaipur or Jodhpur? -- [New]
8th July 2016, 06:53 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the admission procedure followed for doing Ph.D in IIT, Bombay?

Admissions in Ph.D course in IIT, Bombay are offered on the basis of Interview which is conducted a month before commencement of semester for which the admission is sought. If necessary, the interview may be supplemented by a written test for offering admission in Ph.D course.

You must have to satisfy the below mentioned eligibility criteria to get admission for pursuing Ph.D course in IIT, Bombay are :-

1. You must have passed Master's degree or equivalent in Engineering/ Technology with minimum of 60% (55% for SC/ ST) aggregate marks.

2. You must have passed Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology with minimum 60% (55% for SC/ ST) aggregate marks (or) Master's degree in Science with minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST) aggregate marks (or) Master's degree in Arts/ Commerce with minimum
55% (50% for SC/ST) aggregate marks.

3. You must have a valid GATE/ CEED score to get admission for pursuing Ph.D course in IIT, Bombay.
9th July 2016, 10:37 AM
onemdindus

Default Re: What is the admission procedure followed for doing Ph.D in IIT, Bombay?

Admission procedure followed for doing Ph.D in IIT, Bombay

Written test - graduate aptitude test in engineering

Interview

After written test, candidates will be short listed and will be called for interview.

Educational Qualification for joining Ph.D course at IIT Bombay

I. You must have passed Master's degree or equivalent in Engineering/ Technology with minimum of 60% (55% for SC/ ST) aggregate marks.

II. You must have passed Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology with minimum 60% (55% for SC/ ST) aggregate marks (or) Master's degree in Science with minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST) aggregate marks (or) Master's degree in Arts/ Commerce with minimum
55% (50% for SC/ST) aggregate marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?