21st September 2015, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Does IIT offer PhD in Mathematics course? Procedure to get admission?

Hello Sir,
I want to study PhD in Mathematics in IIT. I would like to know that IIT is providing PhD course in Mathematics? If yes then how can I get admission?

Related Questions:
  1. How may I do Ph.D course in Mathematics? I'm studing in 12th standard -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?
  3. What is the procedure followed to get admission for Ph.D in IIT?
  4. Procedure to take admission in Ph.D in mathematics from NSOU University?
  5. Can I get admission to study PhD(Mathematics) in IIT-Mumbai if secured 159 rank in GATE?
  6. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  7. What courses I can do after B.Sc Maths to get a handsome salary?
  8. List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics course in Montreal? Procedure to apply?
  9. List of universities which offer correspondence PhD in Mathematics? Procedure to apply?
  10. Admission procedure to study PhD in Mathematics for M.Sc(Maths & Computing) postgraduate?
  11. PhD part time/full time Computer Science in IIT or Foreign university?
  12. Admission procedure for Ph.D in Maths through correspondence from a good University?
  13. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  14. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  15. Detailed information, procedure to apply and fee structure of PhD in Mathematics program at Delhi University? Syllabus of PhD entrance exam in Delhi University?
  16. Can I study PhD in Physics at IIT being a M.Sc 1st year student? List of institutes which offer PhD in Physics program in India?
  17. Is it necessary to appear in GATE for study PhD in IIT? Can I get admission through NET?
  18. List of universities which offer PhD in Pharmacy in India? Procedure to get admission?
30th July 2017, 12:39 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does IIT offer PhD in Mathematics course? Procedure to get admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I want to study PhD in Mathematics in IIT. I would like to know that IIT is providing PhD course in Mathematics? If yes then how can I get admission?

Yes, IIT offers PhD in Mathematics program. Candidates after completion of a master’s degree in mathematics can apply for PhD Mathematics in IITs. For taking admission, candidates have to clear the written test and interview. Candidates are selected based on the marks scored in PG, written test and interview. Candidates have to prepare well to clear the interview. Questions mostly from projects candidates done during their master degree. Candidates have to apply online for taking admission to PhD Mathematics program in IITs. Candidates can find more details in the respective IIT website link.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?