29th July 2015, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

What are the job prospects for B.Sc. Honours (Geography) students?

I am a final year student pursuing BSc Honours in Geography under University Of Calcutta. I would like to know what job prospects do I have in this subject.

Related Questions:
  1. What are the future prospects in Geography?
  2. Difference between BA in Geography and B.Sc. in Geography?
  3. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  4. Criteria for Admission of BA-Honours in Geography?
  5. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Geography) Honours in Mumbai University if secured 74% in 12th and scored 93 marks in Geography?
  6. How can I study Honours if pursuing B.Sc General in Geography in Calcutta University?
  7. Change from English honours to Geography honours from one college of Calcutta university to other?
  8. Best place and university to study BA Geography honours?
  9. What is the scope of BSc course nowadays? How is the BSc Physical science course different from BSc Honors course? Will this affect in pursing higher studies or during job? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Will it affect my future if I dont have Maths in my combination of BSc Geography Honors?
  11. What are the career prospects for B.Sc. Home Science Honours students?
  12. After BSc which course will be valuable for me?
  13. Phd in english literature from R.S.S.U university of Raipur (C.G). procedure and papers
  14. Am I eligible for any government job of gazetted rank? I am 36 years old woman having B.Sc(Geography) and B.Ed degree. What would be the ideal course for me to get a good job?
  15. In which colleges can I apply for Geography Honors? What is the scope?
  16. Is there any scope in pursuing BSc Aviation in India? What are the job prospects?
  17. What are the job prospects in Indian Railway for B.Com Accountancy honors student
  18. Advice regarding B.A(Hons.) Geography
9th August 2016, 05:06 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the job prospects for B.Sc. Honours (Geography) students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a final year student pursuing BSc Honours in Geography under University Of Calcutta. I would like to know what job prospects do I have in this subject.

The B.Sc Honors (Geography) candidates can work in various government and private organizations. The geography graduates can work as Surveyors, Cartographer, Environmental Scientist, School Teacher, Town Planner, Planning and Development Surveyor, Market Researcher, Landscape Architect, Drafter, Tourism Officer, Bank officer, Bank Clerk, Various State Government jobs, Central Government jobs, Civil Services etc. The job details can be found in the employment newspaper or in the job portals. There are various government jobs with degree qualifications, so the geography graduates can also apply to them.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?