5th February 2018, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to do Ph.D after M.Com?

I recently passed my M.Com final exam of second year and I want to do Ph.D. What will be the procedure of that can anyone please describe me in details.

5th February 2018, 08:55 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to do Ph.D after M.Com?

If you want to pursue PHD after completing your Masters course then you have to appear in the UGC NET examination. If you get qualified in this examination then definitely you will get the chance to take admission in top Universities and to appear in this test you must have minimum percentage of 55 in your Masters course.
5th February 2018, 10:01 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for the NET exam which is conducted by the UGC. This exam is conduct every year.

Eligibility Criteria:-

The candidate have 55% marks in master degree not less that. If you have 55% marks so you can apply for this exam. But some University have own PhD course you can also apply for this.

But for more information in UGC NET to see the website www.ugc.ac.in.
5th February 2018, 10:29 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The procedure to do Ph.D after M.Com:-

To gain detailed up to date knowledge in a specific topic of subject is main aim to pursue PhD.

Engineers can pursue PhD through GATE score and interview, general students can get admission through UGC- NET/ CSIR - NET. A Ph.D scholar or Ph.D holder can be A lecturer or few of them gone for post doctorate.
6th February 2018, 09:33 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue PhD candidates should have completed their master's degree or equivalent with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university. The admission for PhD program is based on the marks secured in UGC NET/SLET examination. Some universities also conduct their own entrance examination. Hence, after successfully clearing the examination with god marks, you will be eligible to pursue doctorate degree course.
6th February 2018, 10:29 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to pursue Doctoral Program after completion of M.Com course:

In order to pursue Doctoral program in Commerce (Ph.D in Commerce), you are required to meet the below mentioned procedure.

> You must have completed Master's Degree or Post Graduation in Commerce in order to be eligible.

> The minimum percentage you must have secured in Post Graduation is 55% marks to be eligible.

> Besides this, you must have qualified in any one of the below mentioned entrance examinations for sure for getting admission. They may include,
* CSIR/ UGC NET-JRF
* DBT JRF
* ICMR JRF
* Or concerned college's PhD Entrance Examination

For instance, Check PhD course details in University of Delhi

There are several other colleges that are offering this Doctoral Program. Hence you are required to make sure you meet the above mentioned criteria before getting admission into respective college.
6th February 2018, 04:58 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I recently passed my M.Com final exam of second year and I want to do Ph.D. What will be the procedure of that can anyone please describe me in details.

Candidates after completion of MCom with at least 55% marks are eligible to apply for the admission to the PhD program. They can apply online for the admission. They have to clear the Research Eligibility Test or Entrance Examination and Interview for taking admission to the PhD program. Those candidates who have qualified NET/SET/MPhil are exempted from the entrance examination. Short listed candidates have to discuss about thesis at the time of interview. The PhD in Commerce or Accounts is available in various universities in India. Above given is the common PhD admission procedure followed in many universities in India.
6th February 2018, 06:26 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to be eligible for PhD course, a candidate must have completed master's degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university.
Eligible candidates must have to take NET entrance test and qualify in it so as to get admission for PhD course. Since you have completed M.Com degree, you need to appear and qualify in the NET entrance exam in order to get admission into PhD course.
6th February 2018, 11:45 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Commerce from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it can apply for Ph.D course in the same. Now, eligible candidates those who have completed their Masters degree, have to appear in the NET examination. Once after qualifying in the NET examination, candidates can take admission to pursue the Ph.D course in the above mentioned field. Admission is based on the marks scored in the NET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?