12th July 2016, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

What are the qualifications required to apply for the Ph.D course?

I did my MCA i want to apply Phd ,list out the qualification to apply Phd? I just need to know the minimum criteria which is required to apply for the course? It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon on the same. Awaiting for the response.

13th July 2016, 08:57 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the qualifications required to apply for the Ph.D course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I did my MCA i want to apply Phd ,list out the qualification to apply Phd? I just need to know the minimum criteria which is required to apply for the course? It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon on the same. Awaiting for the response.
You have completed MCA degree, So you are eligible for Ph.D course through GATE and UGC NET exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department, then are eligible for GATE exam.

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree. There are no age criteria.
13th July 2016, 05:06 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to do Ph.D course, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D:-

Candidates must have completed Master's degree from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
13th July 2016, 10:51 PM
onemdindus

Since, you have done master in computer applications, you are eligible to apply for doctorate degree.

To do Ph.D course at top institutes in India, you must crack entrance examination conducted by the board or management.

The following are government boards that conduct entrance examination for admission of this course

UGC university grants commission
CSIR

Eligibility criteria for taking up Ph.D entrance examination in India

You must have done master degree programmes with atleast 55 percentage aggregate marks or equivalent grade from any recognised Indian institution or board.

There is no age limitation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?