17th November 2015, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

What qualifications is required to take up a career as Mathematics professor?

I Have completed my BE EXTC, I am currently employees. I want to take up a career as a Mathematics Professor, what should be my next step for this?

18th November 2015, 05:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What qualifications is required to take up a career as Mathematics professor?

For maths Professor job you need at least post graduation in mathematics subject. You will start as an lecturer in colleges and then with experience you will become a Professor. You need to complete PH.D also to gain in your career.

If you qualify exams like NET/SET for getting job in government colleges as a Lecturer. In private colleges you can get job on the basis of your performance in interview.
19th November 2015, 08:07 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: What qualifications is required to take up a career as Mathematics professor?

To become a Mathematics professor, you should be at least a Post Graduate degree holder in Mathematics subject. Once you complete Post Graduation degree, you can start your career as a lecturer in Colleges and after having experience you can reach to the professor level. For that you also have to do PH.D to be a professor.
To become lecturer in Government Colleges you have to qualify examinations like NET/SET examinations.
15th October 2020, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

the step by step process to become mathematics professor with high salary pacage in india????
26th October 2020, 12:19 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Professor
Occupation
Competencies Academic knowledge, research, writing journal articles or book chapters, teaching
Education required Master's degree, doctoral degree (e.g., PhD), professional degree, or other terminal degree
Fields of employment Academics
Related jobs Teacher, lecturer, reader, researcher

Those who are interested to become Mathematics professor must complete PhD in Mathematics along with UGC NET score card. Master degree in Mathematics with at least 55% of marks is the minimum educational qualification required to apply for PhD in Mathematics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?