28th January 2014, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

What is the validity period of UGC JRF?

I have cleared my net Jrf exam in life sciences in december...........so i would lyk to knw that till when it would be valid.
how much the validity period for UGC Jrf..........2 yr or 1 yr

11th March 2014, 06:18 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the validity period of UGC JRF?

Validity of Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) is 2 years.To be eligible to apply for JRF you must have a minimum of educational qualifications allowed are B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharmacy/B.Sc hons and Masters degree courses are also eligible to appear for the JRF examination.You must have secured a minimum of 55% in your qualifying examination.And the validity of JRF is of 2 years.

Generally many number of JRF candidates get awarded by CSIR each year candidates holding the above various degrees.You need to attend for the NET examination(National Eligibility Test),conducted by University Grants commission.This exam held twice a year,basically held in the months of June and December months.So soon after qualifying the NET examination the candidates from the engineering or science graduate from any discipline can be eligible for the Fellowship.

Those candidates will be eligible for the fellowship only after registered for Ph.D or else the integrated Ph.D program within the validity of two years.Candidates who qualify for the award for Junior research fellowship may be eligible to receive the fellowship of UGC under the several schemes.You may then subject to get placements in the various institutions or else in universities.So remember the validity period of the UGC NET Examination is basically valid for the Two years from the dates of JRF award letter.So the validity period is about 2 years.
25th April 2014, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

The validation of jrf award,from when's count Valid either from the date of appearing in exam or when award letter isued.
10th July 2014, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

I am sampath i have qualified UGC-JRF 96 rank in 2012 june session my certificate tenure start from october 1st 2012 but my doubt is and i
want to know the validity of UGC-JRF ONE year or TWO year please kindly inform the above doubt.

thanking you
23rd July 2014, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

when start fellowship from date of joining or date of registration after getting award letter
1st April 2015, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

My jrf is expired on Aug 2013. Due to medical problems I couldn't register for PhD. May I get any extension?
21st March 2016, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my mphil and now will get admission in phd
what is the remaining time of expiry of my jrf letter whether it is 6 months or 1 year
date of jrf feb 2015 and expiry feb 2017
22nd April 2017, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

I appeared in the ugc net exam on 28 june 2015 and result came on 29 sept. 2015 and my jrf award letter issued on 4 may 2016. So which is the starting date of my 2 years time duration. If it is 4 may 2016 than I am able to get registration till 4 may 2018. Please clear my doubt.
7th May 2017, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

I want to know about the validity of JTF the result declare date is 15 June 2015 and issue date is 13 June 2016
7th May 2017, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

I appeared net JTF on 15 june 2015 and my award letters issue date is 13 june 2016 .now I want to know about my validity period of JTF.
7th July 2017, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

The validation of jrf award,from when's count Valid either from the date of appearing in exam or when award letter issued
8th September 2017, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

I enrolled myself in PhD in december 2016 session in a state government university. we were supossed to go through a six months course work. Meanwhile i cleared my UGC net jrf in jan2017 attempt
I would like to know whether there has been any change in the guideline that in case i have to avail jrf i have to enrol there as a jrf within 6 months ?
or that 2 years validity from the date of announcement of result applies in this case.
28th September 2017, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

My Ugc Jrf validity got expired in February 2017. I joined for phd this month (September 2017) . In anyway can i use my jrf?
7th October 2017, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir I would like to jrf amount for humanities (English) is that amount same in all institutions is there any difference with institutions I.e., (IIIT's, national universities central Universities etc.,) Please let me know sir
17th March 2018, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

I have submitted my thesis before 5 years. Can I submit the continuation certificate for srf till awarded date under 5 years ?
1st August 2018, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

I have cleared jrf july 2018, result is declared July 2018 what is the validity period for jrf and what is the time limit within which I have to registered in phd please help me with valuable info
27th January 2019, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

In ugc xii guidelines it is written that student must join the fellowship within six month of issue of the award letter. But in my award letter it is written to enroll within two years. what is actual validity period?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?