28th July 2012, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

What is the difference between NET and JRF? What is the validity of both the tests?

what is the difference between net and jrf?what is the validity of both tests?

30th January 2013, 01:35 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between NET and JRF? What is the validity of both the tests?

UGC Conducts the NET exams each year.
In this exam there are two parts:

Lecturership- No age limit to apply
JRF- To apply for JRF Candidates age should be between 21 to 28yrs
JRF candidates are awarded a stipend by UGC during the 2yr duration of P.hd.

If you clear the Lectureship Exams than your UGC-NET certificate is valid for life time
You can apply to colleges for Asst professor jobs

If you clear the JRF exams than you get scholarship to do PHD and you are also eligible to apply for the Lectureship.

The only difference between these two are that in JRF you get monetary scholarship and in lectureship, you do not get scholarship
25th April 2013, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the difference between NET and JRF? What is the validity of both the tests?

Can person do job during the period of JRF or not ?
3rd July 2013, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

What is difference between jrf aligibility and net aligibility
5th August 2014, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
In some websites, validity of NET certificate for lecturership is given 2 years from the date of issue of certificate. Is it true ?
6th August 2014, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

after clearing net it is necessary to do phd. and net is a gud option for career or not
5th December 2014, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

whether the duration of JRF start from the date of exam or from the date of issue of JRF awardee leter?
17th June 2015, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

I have qualified net exam english for assistant professor only. Can I apply for teaching post and enroll for ph.d at the same time?
17th June 2015, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

I have qualified net exam english in dec 2014 for the post of assistant professor only. Can I apply for teaching post and enroll for ph.d at the same time.
23rd November 2016, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

I applied for both assistant prof. and JRF but i cleared only Assistant professor, will i get certification??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?