26th October 2017, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Where to apply to do research in Physics of creeping crustal rocks? Should I go for it abroad?

I am studying B.Sc Physics with Geology and want to do research in Physics of creeping crustal rocks. Please tell me where to apply to do research on this topic? Should I go for it in abroad?

28th October 2017, 12:16 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Where to apply to do research in Physics of creeping crustal rocks? Should I go for it abroad?

If you want to study Ph.D in geology related field, then you have to at least complete a PG degree in geology. B.Sc degree alone is not enough to make you eligible.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by the concerned university. Just make sure you have at least 55% marks on PG degree.
28th October 2017, 11:43 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Where to apply to do research in Physics of creeping crustal rocks? Should I go for it abroad?

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for PhD course after completion of B.Sc Physics.
In order to be eligible for PhD course in Physics, you must have to complete masters degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university.
Since you haven't completed masters degree yet, so you are not eligible for PhD course.
In order to take admission into PhD course, you must have to appear and qualify in UGC-NET/CSIR entrance examination. On the basis of your performance in the aforesaid examination you will be given admission for PhD in Physics discipline.
In order to pursue PhD course from abroad, you must have to appear and qualify in GRE and IELTS examinations after completion of masters degree in Physics stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?