26th October 2017, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility and procedure to join IIT Bombay for PhD in Mechanical stream?

Sir, I am in final year of M.Tech in Mechanical stream and want to join Institute Research Scholar Companion Programme, of IIT Bombay for PhD. Send me eligibility and procedure to join IIT Bombay for PhD?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to do PhD in Physics in IIT-Bombay for a candidate who has secured 53.6% in M.Sc?
  2. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  3. What is the procedure of joining IIT after diploma in Mechanical?
  4. Eligibility to join PhD in Mechanical stream after PG in Nano?
  5. IIT Bombay or IIT Madras, which is better for M.Tech Transportation Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Procedure to join ISRO for PhD in Mechanical Engineering candidate? -- [New]
  7. PhD project topics available for Mechanical Engineering stream? Procedure to get admission in IITs?
  8. Procedure to join IIT Kanpur to do research in Mechanical stream? Marks required in M.Tech for it?
  9. Eligibility and procedure to join IIT Hyderabad for PhD in Material Science?
  10. How to do Ph.D in Biomedical Engineering in IIT Bombay? Whats the duration of the course?
  11. How to join integrated Ph.D in any mechanical stream? I have completed B.Tech in mechanical stream
  12. How can I join IIT Colleges for pursuing Mechanical Engineering? How can I prepare for the entrance exam and how many seats are available for Mechanical stream?
  13. Internship in IITs of Bombay, Delhi or Roorkee for IIT Ropar student?
  14. How to join IIT after passing diploma engineering in mechanical? Procedure for the same?
  15. Does SRM University provide PhD in Mechanical stream? Procedure to get admission?
  16. What is the procedure followed for Ph.D admissions? Am I eligible to do if I have 60% marks from IGNOU?
  17. Procedure to do PhD in distance mode after ME in Mechanical Engineering (CAD/CAM) stream? How can I do my practicals?
  18. What is the procedure to follow to do Ph.D in IIT or NIT?
27th October 2017, 11:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility and procedure to join IIT Bombay for PhD in Mechanical stream?

You can apply for Ph.D admission at IIT Bombay, when there is a notification. M.Tech degree it definitely fine to apply for Ph.D admission at IITs. Just make sure you have got some extra qualifications like NET/SET/GATE/JRF to have any chance of interview call.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the interview and only those who are academically excellent are called for interview stage.
28th October 2017, 04:55 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility and procedure to join IIT Bombay for PhD in Mechanical stream?

Since, you are doing M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, you can apply for Ph.D course in Mechanical stream from IIT Bombay, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who are wiling to pursue Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Bombay, must have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it.
Candidates with the above percentage of marks are then eligible to appear in the NET examination, qualifying in which they can take admission in IIT Bombay to study Ph.D course in the above mentioned field. Admission is based on the marks scored in the entrance examination.
28th October 2017, 06:54 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Those candidates who have completed M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university, are eligible to do PhD in the relevant discipline at IIT Bombay.
Candidates who are meeting with the eligibility criteria, are required to appear and qualify in UGC-NET/CSIR exam, in order to take admission in IIT Bombay to pursue PhD course in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
Those who have qualified in UGC-NET/CSIR exam are exempted from any other PhD entrance exam.
Admission will be strictly based on the performance of the candidates in the entrance examination.
28th October 2017, 10:22 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria and Procedure to join IIT Bombay for PhD in Mechanical stream:

The basic educational qualification required to pursue IIB Bombay for doing Doctoral Program (Ph.D) is as follows.

>> You must have completed Master's Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks.

>> You must have valid GATE or CEED or CSIR UGC NET/ DBT or NBHM or INSPIRE Fellowship in order to pursue Doctoral program in IIT Bombay.

>> or else you must have minimum 2 years of experience in the qualifying degree and you must ave completed before the starting of the semester in which the admission is sought.

>> Mode of application is online for doing PhD in IIT Bombay. IIT Bombay issues official notification mentioning Starting date and closing date of receipt of applications. Hence you are required to apply online from it's official website in the dates given in between. Make sure you meet the required eligibility criteria before you apply for the program.

Click here for More Details
28th October 2017, 10:26 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria and Procedure to join IIT Bombay for PhD in Mechanical stream:

The basic educational qualification required to pursue IIB Bombay for doing Doctoral Program (Ph.D) is as follows.

>> You must have completed Master's Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks.

>> You must have valid GATE or CEED or CSIR UGC NET/ DBT or NBHM or INSPIRE Fellowship in order to pursue Doctoral program in IIT Bombay.

>> or else you must have minimum 2 years of experience in the qualifying degree and you must ave completed before the starting of the semester in which the admission is sought.

>> Mode of application is online for doing PhD in IIT Bombay. IIT Bombay issues official notification mentioning Starting date and closing date of receipt of applications. Hence you are required to apply online from it's official website in the dates given in between. Make sure you meet the required eligibility criteria before you apply for the program.

Click here for More Details
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?