27th September 2015, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do M.Tech structural engineering course after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?

I have done my B.tech in Mechanical Engineering, now can I change my branch to structural Engineering in M.tech? Can someone please guide me on this? I just wanted to know what to do next after completion of B.Tech? Thanks!
please help me.

Related Questions:
  1. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  2. How to take M.Tech in Structural Engineering after completing B.Tech in Civil? List of the colleges or universities?
  3. Will I be able to take M.Tech Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech Petroleum Engineering?
  4. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  5. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  6. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  7. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  8. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  9. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  10. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course?
  11. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  13. What's the eligility criteria for STET? I've completed my B.Com(H) with 62% marks, currently preparing for M.Com and I'm not from a Bengali background
  14. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  15. Best colleges for M.Tech course after scoring 972 rank in PGECET?
  16. Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  17. Best Colleges offering GME course? Will there be any benefit of doing M.Tech in Marine Engineering being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. Is NDA entrance exam hard to crack? What is the procedure to crack the exam?
29th September 2015, 10:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech structural engineering course after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my B.tech in Mechanical Engineering, now can I change my branch to structural Engineering in M.tech? Can someone please guide me on this? I just wanted to know what to do next after completion of B.Tech? Thanks!
please help me.
You have done B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering so you are eligible to do M.Tech in Structural Engineering course through GATE entrance exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
1st October 2015, 12:47 AM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech structural engineering course after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?

I am happy to say you that you are definitely eligible for M.Tech in Structural Engineering after the completion of your B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering.
After completing B.Tech you have to appear for the GATE examination and after qualifying the exam you are definitely eligible for M.Tech. Final year students can also apply for the GATE examination with valid documents.
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
29th June 2020, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

can you please tell which trade I have to fill in Gate for m tech geotechnical engineering, but I have done my b tech in mechanical engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?