26th September 2015, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? Can someone please give me the complete answer on the same? It would be really helpful if you can answer me as am not sure what to do next if am not eligible or so.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course?
  2. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  3. Am I eligible to join Marine engineering after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Is it possible to get admission for TET in 3rd year Engineering after completion of diploma course?
  5. How can I join IAF directly after diploma in Mechanical engineering with 4 years experience?
  6. Eligibility for Polytechnic courses? Centers in Trivandrum are for both girls and boys? Which field should I get a job?
  7. Can I join RAW after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  8. What is the procedure followed to get educational loan right after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  9. How to join B.Tech 2nd year mechanical engineering in AP after completion of mechanical engineering?
  10. How to join aeronautics after completion of diploma in mechanical course?
  11. Am I eligible to join B.E Mechanical in government college after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  12. What is the procedure to be followed for joining engineering directly to 3rd year after completion of diploma course?
  13. Can I join diploma 2nd year directly after completion of ITI course?
  14. Am I eligible to do any masters degree after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  15. Can I join Merchant Navy directly after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible to apply for B.A directly after completion of diploma 3 years course and 2 years PG diploma from Pune University?
  17. Am I eligible to join M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after completion of BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. Am I eligible for the position of SI after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering being a candidate with an age of 22 years?
26th September 2015, 09:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

No, you are not eligible to join M.Tech course directly after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. To be eligible to pursue M.Tech course, you must have completed Bachelor's degree course in Engineering/Technology from any recognised university. Being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to pursue M.Tech course. So, I suggest you to pursue Bachelor's degree course after completion of your Diploma course, so, that you can join in M.Tech course.
26th September 2015, 09:48 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? Can someone please give me the complete answer on the same? It would be really helpful if you can answer me as am not sure what to do next if am not eligible or so.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for M.Tech after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. You are required to complete B.Tech/B.E or Post Graduate in Diploma to be eligible for M.Tech. You are required to appear in the GATE examination in order to get admission. Being a Diploma student I suggest you to continue your studies by applying Post Graduate in Diploma course and try to score good marks all semesters.
27th September 2015, 12:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No, after completion of diploma course in Mechanical Engineering, you are not eligible for M.Tech course.

After completion of B.Tech course, you can apply for M.Tech through GATE score card.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
27th September 2015, 02:41 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
It is not possible to do M.Tech directly after completing diploma in mechanical engineering. First you have to join B.Tech through lateral entry process. After the B.Tech course you can join M.Tech course. There is no shortcut for this. You have to study the graduation first and then only the post graduation.
11th September 2017, 05:14 PM
kunalroy89

To take admission in M.Tech,you need to qualify in GATE. For appearing in GATE, minimum education qualification is B.E./ B.Tech or equivalent.
Diploma passed candidates have to complete their Bachelor's degree in engineering to be eligible for M.Tech. You can join in AMIE to complete distance education in B.tech in 3years.
12th September 2017, 05:44 AM
cataleya11

You cannot join M.Tech directly after completing diploma course. Diploma is not equivalent to graduation and minimum criteria to join M.Tech is to have a B.Tech degree. Steps you need to follow for joining M.Tech are

After diploma course apply for lateral entry in B.Tech 2nd year.
Complete your B.Tech degree with at least 60% marks.
Apply for GATE exam and secure good rank.
Now you can apply for M.Tech course based on GATE rank. You may also have to sit for an entrance test held by the university for admission. You GATE rank will be valid for 2 years and a good rank will make you stipend eligible.
12th September 2017, 10:20 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Sorry, to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for master of technology in mechanical engineering course, because minimum qualification required to apply for masters of technology course is bachelors degree and your diploma course is equivalent to 10+2, so you are not eligible to apply for M.Tech mechanical engineering course.

>> To apply for M.Tech mechanical engineering you must have to complete your B.Tech degree in mechanical engineering from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained.

>> After B.Tech you can appear for GATE exam to choose best college to study M.Tech mechanical engineering course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?