2nd February 2015, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET exam after completion of post graduation diploma?

I have completed my b.tech in IT n after that I'm persuing post graduation diploma in IT from symbiosis center for distance learning so am I eligible for NET exam????

2nd February 2015, 01:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after completion of post graduation diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my b.tech in IT n after that I'm persuing post graduation diploma in IT from symbiosis center for distance learning so am I eligible for NET exam????
No, you are not eligible for UGC NET exam.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

For more details about NET exam click on the official link http://www.ugc.ac.in
2nd February 2015, 02:20 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after completion of post graduation diploma?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NET Examination if you have done "Post Graduate Diploma" course from a recognized university. Since Post Graduate Diploma is equivalent to Post Graduation, you no need to worry. But make sure you are pursuing Post Graduate Diploma from recognized university. Since Symbiosis institute is a recognized university, you can apply for NET (National Eligibility Test) conducted by "University Grants Commission (UGC)". One of the basic educational qualifications required for NET exam is given as follows, ""Candidates having Post Graduate Diploma or certificate Awarded by Indian University or Institute Or Foreign Degree or Diploma or certificate awarded by the foreign university/ institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma or degree or certificate with Master's degree of the recognized Indian universities from association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi "". Since you are doing Post Graduate diploma after "Graduation" you are eligible to appear for NET Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?