29th February 2016, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study M.Tech if completed 12th with Commerce being an MCA 3rd semester student?

Sir,
I am studying MCA in 3rd semester now. After completing my MCA, I want to study M.Tech. But I did my 12th with Commerce stream. And after 12th I did my BCA. So, still I am eligible for M.Tech or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study MCA if completed 12th Commerce without Maths being a BCA final year student? Is there any specialization in MCA?
  2. Am I eligible to study BCA and MCA after completing 12th Commerce?
  3. Courses available to study in Australia through IELTS for B.Com 3rd semester student?
  4. Is it difficult to study BCA for 12th Commerce student? Scope of BCA and MCA?
  5. Am I eligible for MCA in JNU after passing 12th commerce with 47% from UP board without Mathematics
  6. Am I eligible to apply for Internship being a MCA 3rd semester student?
  7. Eligibility and requirements to study MS(Computer Science) in Stanford University for MCA 4th semester student?
  8. Eligibility for internship for Wipro or Infosys or other MNCs being a MCA 3rd semester student?
  9. Being a MCA student what should I study further M.Tech or ME?
  10. Am I eligible to join MCA in 3rd semester? I am a BSc IT student
  11. Am I eligible to study MCA in Kurukshetra being a BCA last semester student? When the application form of MCA entrance exam will be released?
  12. Am I eligible for MCA at JNU? I am a student of BCA from PTU
  13. Eligibility to appear in MCA entrance exam for 12th Commerce student?
  14. Is it possible to study commerce stream 11th and 12th while studying BCA 4th semester? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Entrance exams to do PhD for MCA 3rd semester student?
  16. Am I eligible to study MCA if completed 3 years Mechanical Engineering Diploma course on 12th basis?
  17. Job opportunities in Infosys for MCA 3rd semester candidate?
  18. Can I do MCA from IIT after completing 12th with commerce stream
29th February 2016, 10:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.Tech if completed 12th with Commerce being an MCA 3rd semester student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am studying MCA in 3rd semester now. After completing my MCA, I want to study M.Tech. But I did my 12th with Commerce stream. And after 12th I did my BCA. So, still I am eligible for M.Tech or not?
You are now in 3rd semester of MCA course so you are eligible for M.Tech course but you should qualify in GATE exam.

Those who have completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department from a recognized university are eligible for GATE exam. There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam. You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years
29th February 2016, 10:26 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.Tech if completed 12th with Commerce being an MCA 3rd semester student?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for GATE examination. GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed B.Tech/B.E or or master degree in any discipline.

There is no limitations on number of attempts and age criteria to appear for examination.

So, you can appear for examination. Candidates after qualifying in examination become eligible to get admission in M.tech course in IIT. The examination is conducted once every year.
29th February 2016, 11:36 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Sorry that you are not eligible for M.Tech after completing MCA and 12th standard in Commerce stream. Those who completed their 12th standard in science stream and strong knowledge in science specialization are eligible to apply for M.Tech. Please, refer the M.Tech eligibility criteria below;

M.Tech Eligibility Criteria:

- The candidate must complete B.Tech/MCA /MSc in concerned specialization from a recognized university. Most of the university required at least 50% marks in a Bachelor degree. The candidate should have complete 12th standard in science stream with PCM specialization from a recognized board.

- The candidate must qualify in the GATE entrance exam with a good score.
29th February 2016, 11:38 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Candidates who have done B.Tech or master's degree in science or computer applications can apply for this exam. If you are pursuing your master of computer application from a recognized university then you can apply for GATE exam next year.

You must not have any active pending backlogs. There is no upper age limit for this exam and no limit on number of attempts.
29th February 2016, 11:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to get admission in IIT for pursuing M.tech course. To get admission you have to qualify in GATE examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed B.tech degree or have master degree from any recognised university.

As, you are in 3rd semester you can appear for GATE examination next year.
1st March 2016, 07:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For studying M.Tech after MCA you need to qualify GATE. There is no other way of getting admission for you. Just make sure that MCA is done from a recognized college and your 12th commerce stream is not a problem.

Just try to qualify GATE with an excellent score so that you can get admission in a top college for your M.Tech degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?