31st October 2015, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to take admission for MCA course after completion of B.Com?

Hey,

I have completed my BCOM so Can I take a admission for MCA& Which univercity is good for mca? Can you please give me the eligibility criteria which I have to follow? Let me know the complete procedure which I need to follow for getting the admission?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
1st November 2015, 08:06 PM
ant man

Default Re: Am I eligible to take admission for MCA course after completion of B.Com?

For doing MCA you must have completed bachelor's degree in computers, scienece, arts or equivalent.

You must have done 10+2 with maths, physics and chemistry stream.

There is no age limit for doing MCA. There is no marks percentage restriction to do MCA and all the top colleges give admission to candidates with more than 60% marks.

The admission is based on the entrance exam conducted by the state government or central government. You can also do the course in abroad.

The best colleges to do MCA are state owned universities like IIT's, NIT's and other institutes
1st November 2015, 11:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take admission for MCA course after completion of B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey,

I have completed my BCOM so Can I take a admission for MCA& Which univercity is good for mca? Can you please give me the eligibility criteria which I have to follow? Let me know the complete procedure which I need to follow for getting the admission?

Thanks!
No, B.Com student are not eligible for MCA course.

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 60% marks then you are eligible for MCA admission but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.

BCA, B.Sc in IT and CS and B.Sc in Mathematics candidates are eligible for MCA course.
2nd November 2015, 02:04 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to take admission for MCA course after completion of B.Com.

Eligibility Criteria :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university in any stream.
  • There is no age limit.
  • Candidate must have secured more than 55% marks in graduation.
2nd November 2015, 03:33 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Masters of computer application which is a post graduate course consists of 3 years.

The minimum eligibility criteria is that the candidate must have passed graduation in any stream and should have mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects and should have secured above 55% marks.

You are eligible if you have mathematics subject either in class 12 or in graduation then you are eligible to apply for MCA.
2nd November 2015, 04:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For admission in you have to study maths at 12th level or degree level to become eligible for MCA admission. There is no other way of getting admission. Hence, you have B.Com which is fine but you need to make sure that you have studied maths at class XII level.

There are entrance exam conducted all over India by various universities. BITS Pilani, IIT JAM, DU etc are some of the popular entrance exams. Just make sure you have got above 50% marks in degree.
2nd November 2015, 07:26 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required in to pursue MCA course is that a candidate should have done their BBA, BCA or B.Tech from a recognized University. Moreover candidates who have finished their graduation in Science can also apply, these students must have however studied mathematics as a subject in their +2 level.

Candidates must also have to score a minimum of 60% in their graduation and will have to write an entrance examination to pursue the above mentioned course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?