28th April 2015, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Which is best to do among ICWA and ACS for MBA(Finance) postgraduate? Possibility to do ACS-Intermediate for MBA candidate without Foundation course?

Hi,
I have completed my MBA(Finance).
I have an idea for doing ICWA or ACS.
Please tell me which is the best option to do?
A MBA student can do directly ACS Intermediate
without doing ACS Foundation?

10th April 2023, 03:44 AM
TalatNaazGujrati

Default Re: Which is best to do among ICWA and ACS for MBA(Finance) postgraduate? Possibility to do ACS-Intermediate for MBA candidate without Foundation course?

Both ICWA (Institute of Cost and Works Accountants) and ACS (Institute of Company Secretaries of India) are professional courses that can enhance your skills and knowledge in the field of finance. However, they have different focuses and objectives.

ICWA primarily focuses on cost accounting, planning, control and decision-making related to costing, while ACS focuses on corporate laws, governance, compliance, and secretarial practices.

If you are interested in pursuing a career in financial management, then ICWA may be a better fit since it covers topics such as cost accounting, budgeting, financial analysis, and performance evaluation. On the other hand, if you are interested in corporate governance and compliance, then ACS may be more suitable for you.

Regarding your question about doing ACS-Intermediate for an MBA candidate without Foundation course, the eligibility criteria for ACS-Intermediate is passing the Foundation Course or having a Graduation degree from any recognized university. So, if you have completed your MBA in Finance degree, you are eligible to apply for ACS-Intermediate course directly without any Foundation course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?