16th February 2014, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Best option to pursue Masters in Clinical/Neuro Psychology under NRI category?

I am a MBBS medical doctor and interested in pursuing masters in Clinical or NeuroPsychology from Indian Universities, Where will be a best option to apply in NRI category?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it mandatory to study Psychology in Graduation for masters in Psychology after B.Sc with Biotechnology, Zoology and Chemistry? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is a PG in Commerce eligible to pursue a Masters in Counseling Psychology ?
  3. What should I do after passing master in psychology?
  4. Where can I pursue master course in Psychology directly after completing B.Com?
  5. What is the scope of masters in psychology? What are the job opportunities?
  6. Would it be a good decision to switch to Educational Psychology after Masters in Clinical Psychology? Are there any Clinical Psychology guides in Pune, India?
  7. How to do masters in Psychology after finishing BBM course? Will I be able to take masters in Psychology course?
  8. How to get a job in CBI after completing Masters in Psychology with Forensic Psychology as option?
  9. How to pursue Psychiatry after completing MBBS in India
  10. How to pursue Masters after completing bachelors in Physiotherapy? What is the age limit to pursue masters program?
  11. Procedure to join Clinical Psychology course after completion of B.Sc in Psychology? List of Institutes offering this course in Distance Learning? Career Options for me after completion of this course?
  12. Is MSc Clinical Psychology in practice with NIMHANS?
  13. How to do M.Phil in Clinical Psychology? Which are the universities? I have finished my masters in Clinical Psychology
  14. Can I do masters in psychology after completing M.Pharm? I am a 3rd year student of B.Pharmacy
  15. What is best to do after passing BCA? I have scored 78% in 2nd year
  16. Is it a good option to opt for Psychology instead of Maths? Career options after B.Sc. Microbiology?
  17. Can I specialize in Aerospace Engineering in Masters after UG in Mechanical Engineering? Prospects and the salary structure? Is it a good idea to pursue MBA after this?
  18. Which exam should I write to pursue Psychology course? Which country is best for this course?
20th February 2014, 07:00 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Best option to pursue Masters in Clinical/Neuro Psychology under NRI category?

Psychology is the main stream,under which this clinical neuropsychology took place.Basically this clinical neuropsychology is for making the treatment,diagnosis,rehabilitation of the patients,medical,neurological,Psychiatric conditions,neurodevelopmental and other disorders.If you have a masters degree in this course then definitely you can find very good number of opportunities in the field of Clinical psychology.

Basically to settle in this field of clinical neuropsychology you need to have a good knowledge in the various subjects such as Neuropathology,Neurobiology,Psychopharmacology,neu roanatomy and more.As you are willing to go for joining the clinical neuropsychology you need to follow some various eligibility criteria.

To be eligible for this course,you must have a Graduation in the “Clinical Psychology” already.Then only you will be eligible for going further studies in clinical neuropsychology.So the various Post graduation courses in clinical neuropsychology you can go for Ph.D or Psy.D or D.Psych.So you better to have these masters or Doctorate courses for getting good career.

You must have a good communication skills,also must be creative in terms of the development treatments.Good number of self employment opportunities are available.You can find the employment in the areas such as Private practice,Hospitals,Academic fields.Some of the various specializations include adult mental health,emotional disturbances,geriatrics,health psychology,child mental health and more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?