9th January 2012, 07:26 PM
mspp

Is a PG in Commerce eligible to pursue a Masters in Counseling Psychology ?

Hello,

I am a B.Com graduate wanting to become a Lecturer in Commerce and a Career Counselor as well. I am interested in both teaching and Counseling as they are my personal traits & strengths.

Hence I have decided firstly to do M.Com to become a lecturer followed by a Masters in counseling Psychology to become a Counseling Psychologist.

All I would like to know is whether or not an M.Com Post Graduate be eligible to pursue a Masters in Counseling Psychology ? Please advice as soon as possible. Your assistance and quick response is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do M.A in Psychology being an engineer?
  2. Is it mandatory to study Psychology in Graduation for masters in Psychology after B.Sc with Biotechnology, Zoology and Chemistry? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Am I eligible to do M.A in Psychology if I have completed B.E in Telecommunication?
  4. Whether a government serviceman eligible to pursue Master in Psychology through correspondence if completed Bachelor in Homeopathic?
  5. Eligibility criteria for doing Masters in Clinical Psychology? -- [New]
  6. Can I study Counselling Psychology after completing 12th Commerce?
  7. How to do M.A after graduation? Can I enter after B.Com? What is better after graduation between M.A and M.Com
  8. What should I do after passing master in psychology?
  9. Is it necessary to pursue Science to study M.A. in Counseling Psychology?
  10. Where can I pursue master course in Psychology directly after completing B.Com?
  11. What is the scope of masters in psychology? What are the job opportunities?
  12. M.Sc in Psychology is possible after B.A. in Psychology?
  13. Would it be a good decision to switch to Educational Psychology after Masters in Clinical Psychology? Are there any Clinical Psychology guides in Pune, India?
  14. What is the fee structure and duration taken for completing Masters in Psychology?
  15. What are the various career options I can opt for after doing masters in psychology?
  16. How to do masters in Psychology after finishing BBM course? Will I be able to take masters in Psychology course?
  17. Can i do Psychology after 12th with Sociology subject?
  18. Can I do masters in clinical psychology after completion of BDS course?
13th July 2012, 10:07 AM
arpitbanaudha

Default Re: Is a PG in Commerce eligible to pursue a Masters in Counseling Psychology ?

Master's degree programs in counseling prepare futureLPCs or LMFTs to ethically and knowledgeably assess and treat behavioral disorders with respect to diverse populations. While aspiring LMFTs concentrate in family and marital relations, future LPCs can often concentrate in many different areas, such as school, career, substance abuse and rehabilitation counseling.
Topics of study include-:
*. Counseling law and professional ethics
*. Mental health drugs
*. Developmental psychology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?