18th February 2016, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

Better option between M.Sc Geology and M.Sc Chemistry after B.Sc in Geology?

I have completed Bsc geology.I want to join in Msc Geology.But my senior told me ,it takes so much of time to get a job.so,Which is the better to easily get a job.either msc geology or msc chemistry?please advice me....plz plz plz.....

22nd February 2016, 05:07 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Better option between M.Sc Geology and M.Sc Chemistry after B.Sc in Geology?

# As per my personal view it is better to go for M.Sc.(Geology) which is the two years post-graduate degree course which basically deals with the physical structure and substance of the earth, their history, and the processes which act on them.

# You are presently not eligible for M.Sc. (Geology) as you have not studied the subject Geology at graduation level which is the required mandatory condition for pursuing M.Sc. (Geology).

# Eligibility criteria for M.Sc. (Geology):

* Three years bachelor degree course in Geology after 10+2.
* Required percentage marks vary from university to university.

# Selection process for M.Sc. (Geology):

* Most of universities offers admission on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
* Few universities conducts entrance examination in this regard.

# Names of prominent universities offering M.Sc. (Geology):

* University of Pune
* Punjab University
* Delhi University (DU)
* Nagaland University
* Banaras Hindu University
* Sikkim Manipal University

# Job profiles available for completing M.Sc. (Geology):

* Site Manager
* Project Manager
* Site Geologist
* Trainee Geologist
* Lecturer/Professor in educational institutions
* Agricultural Research Associate
* Mining Manager
* Production Seismologist
* Geologist in cement industry
22nd February 2016, 11:41 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Better option between M.Sc Geology and M.Sc Chemistry after B.Sc in Geology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed Bsc geology.I want to join in Msc Geology.But my senior told me ,it takes so much of time to get a job.so,Which is the better to easily get a job.either msc geology or msc chemistry?please advice me....plz plz plz.....
Both Geology and Chemistry are good courses to pursue, but as you have studied Geology in graduation you can choose the same subject in Master degree also. The geology candidates can get the employment in the mining, petroleum industries, various Government departments, engineering, environment, teaching industry, research field etc. The candidate can also study further and do research also in the same line. The candidate can work as Geologist, Research Associate, Project Manager, Mining Manager, Coordinator etc.
11th March 2020, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

In which subject has better scope whether chemistry or applied geology?
9th September 2021, 12:48 AM
Minal F

Best option to choose is M.Sc Geology after B .Sc Geology because both are from the same field.

M.Sc Applied Geology : Top Colleges & Institutes

Bangalore University
Karnataka

Andhra University (AU)
Andhra Pradesh

Anna University
Chennai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?