19th March 2015, 02:13 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in GATE and PGCET both? Eligibility criteria, syllabus for CSE and reference books for preparation?

Sir,
I want to apply for GATE and also for PGCET
for doing M.Tech. So, can I appear in both or not?
Kindly tell me the eligibility for both and syllabus
for CSE and refer me some books.

24th March 2015, 08:39 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear in GATE and PGCET both? Eligibility criteria, syllabus for CSE and reference books for preparation?

Yes of course, you are eligible to apply for GATE examination. GATE i.e Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted by IIT's Once in a year. To apply for this examination, you should have completed B.E/B.Tech from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply. If you are cleared GATE examination then know need to appear for PGCET Examination. GATE score are usually valid two years.

To apply for PGCET, you should have completed Engineering degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have secured at least 50% aggregate marks for general candidates and 45% marks for reserved categories. Final year of degree course may also apply.

-> GATE 2015 - Computer Science & Information Technology 12th Edition
Author: GKP
Publisher: G. K. Publication
Rs. 610

-> GATE - Computer Science & Information Technology : 23 Years GATE Solved Papers with thorough Explanations 1st Edition
Author: Made Easy
Publisher: Made Easy Publication
Rs. 329

-> GATE Tutor 2015 - Computer Science & Information Technology 5th Edition
Author: Shanti Kirupani , Prachi Jain , Amrita Mishra
Publisher: Arihant
Rs. 515
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE CSE Syllabus.pdf(42.6 KB, 83 views)
26th March 2015, 02:37 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in GATE and PGCET both? Eligibility criteria, syllabus for CSE and reference books for preparation?

Yes, you can apply for both GATE and PGCET exams. To apply for these exams, you should have completed or pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Pharmacy courses. If you can satisfy this criteria, you can apply for both GATE and PGCET exams.

Syllabus:-
You can download the Syllabus(For CSE department) copy of GATE exam from the following attachment.

Best Books:-
1. Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms by Rajasekaran, Sahni, Horowitz
2. Introduction to Algorithms by C.L.R.S
3. Database Management Systems by Raghu Ramakrishnan
4. Compiler Design in C by Allen I Holub
5. Operating System Concepts by Silberschatz, Galvin
6. Pointers on C by Kenneth Reek
7. Digital Logic & Computer Design by Morris Mano
8. Web Technologies Basics by Telerik Academy
9. Software Engineering by Pressman
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE syllabus for CSE department.pdf(42.6 KB, 109 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?