23rd May 2022, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CAT having 50% in in graduation but 65% in post graduation?

Hi I am post graduate in management. But i want to so PGDM from IIM, for that i need to clear CAT or need to do executive MBA. My question is in graduation i have completed my degree below 50% marks but in post graduation i scored 65%. Can i apply for CAT

27th May 2022, 05:04 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT having 50% in in graduation but 65% in post graduation?

The minimum education required for appearing in CAT (Common Admission Test) is a bachelor degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate (or 45% marks in aggregate in case of SC/ST and PH category candidates) from a recognised university.

So, having completed your graduation degree with less than 50% marks (or 45% marks in case you belong to SC/ST or PH category),you are not eligible for appearing in CAT irrespective of your aggregate in higher degree courses.

For more details regarding CAT eligibility, you can refer to the link www.iimcat.ac.in.
27th May 2022, 08:02 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT having 50% in in graduation but 65% in post graduation?

Eligibility criteria required to apply for CAT Examination:

The basic eligibility criteria required to apply for CAT Common Admission Test is given below,

@ Candidates must have completed Bachelor's degree in concerned discipline from a recognized university or institute.

@ The minimum percentage required in Graduation is 50% marks and for SC or ST candidiates is 45% Mark's.

@ Hence according to the mentioned criteria, I can say that you are certainly eligible to apply for CAT examination having completed Post Graduation in Management.
29th May 2022, 10:13 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for CAT having 50% in graduation. The educational qualification required to appear for the CAT examination is a candidate must have passed their bachelor's degree with a minimum score of 50% marks in aggregate for the general category and 45% for SC/ST candidates from a recognized university. The candidates appearing for the CAT entrance examination are not required to have prior work experience.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?