4th June 2017, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for MSc forestry after graduation in zoology?

I have completed BSc zoology in 2016. I’m totally confused about what is next. Can I apply for MSc forestry with this graduation in zoology?

5th June 2017, 01:38 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for MSc forestry after graduation in zoology?

Candidates who have completed their bachelor's degree in forestry/agriculture/horticulture/or any other science discipline are eligible to pursue M.Sc forestry. As you have completed B.Sc in Zoology, so you are eligible to apply for M.Sc forestry.

With this eligibility you can appear for different competitive entrance examinations conducted for admission into M.Sc forestry course.
5th June 2017, 03:11 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed BSc zoology in 2016. I’m totally confused about what is next. Can I apply for MSc forestry with this graduation in zoology?

Yes, you can apply for an MSc Forestry course after completion of graduation in Zoology. Candidates with B.Sc in Agriculture or Forestry or Botany or Chemistry or Zoology are eligible to apply for taking admission to M.Sc Forestry course. Admission to the course is done on the basis of an entrance test conducted by the university. Usually the entrance test duration is three hours. You can study the course in various universities in India like

Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry - Website Link

Mizoram University - Website Link

BFIT Group of Institutions - Website Link
5th June 2017, 06:50 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

M.Sc in Forestry is a 2 years duration post graduation course. It deals with the study of Forestry, Farming, Agriculture Economics, Genetics and Plant Breeding, Soil Science and Food Technology.

Qualification required to get admission in M.Sc Forestry course is either Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Bachelor's degree with science subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Biology, Maths etc.
5th June 2017, 10:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed B.Sc in Zoology so you are not eligible for M.Sc degree in Forestry.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree in Forestry from a recognized University are eligible for M.Sc in Forestry course.
6th June 2017, 12:14 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to pursue MSc in forestry:

Aspirants should have passed the degrees of Bsc Forestry, Bsc agriculture, BSc Horticulture, B tech Horticulture, B tech agriculture can go for Master of Science in forestry.

Duration of this course is 2 years.

You are not eligible to pursue this course because you have completed your BSc in Zoology.
6th June 2017, 12:26 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To pursue Master of Science in Forestry a candidate must have completed graduation in either one of the subjects - Bachelor of Science in Horticulture, Bachelor of Science in Forestry, Bachelor of Science in agriculture, B tech in agriculture.

As you have completed your bachelor degree in Zoology hence you are not eligible to pursue Master of Science in forestry.

You must go for another post graduation course as per your eligibility.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?