24th August 2021, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD in commerce having less than 55% marks in M.Com stream?

Can i do phd in commerce while i have less than 55% marks in m.com post graduation

25th August 2021, 08:58 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PhD in commerce having less than 55% marks in M.Com stream?

No, you can't do PhD in commerce having less than 55% marks in M.Com stream.

Eligibility criteria:- Qualifying Master's degree in Commerce, MBA or M.Phil. with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks and above. Entrance Examination such as NET, DET, GD/PI.
26th August 2021, 12:36 PM
Available here
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do PhD in commerce having less than 55% marks in M.Com stream?

Yes,
Candidates must have a Master's degree in commerce or an MPhil with minimum 55%marks from a recognized university.
26th August 2021, 10:47 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to do PhD in commerce having less than 55% marks in M.Com stream. For the admission of this course, the candidate should have passed Master degree with at least 55% from a recognized university.

The minimum percentage required in the master degree for general category is 55% and 50% for the SC/St category candidate so if you belongs to SC/ST category candidate then you are eligible to get admission in PHD in Commerce course otherwise not.
27th August 2021, 12:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i do phd in commerce while i have less than 55% marks in m.com post graduation
Your post graduation marks is below 55%, so you are eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed Masters degree in Commerce with above 55% marks from a recognized University are eligible for Ph.D course in Commerce.

There are no age criteria.
27th August 2021, 03:17 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The educational qualification required to study PhD in Commerce is a candidate must have passed a Master's degree in Commerce or an MPhil with a minimum score of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. This minimum score may vary from university to university which you can check before applying. Most of the universities require to qualify UGC-NET examination for admission in PhD and some universities to conduct their own entrance examinations. There is no specific age limit to apply for this course. The candidates who have at least two years of experience in research in any recognizable institutions are excluded from the entrance test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?