13th November 2016, 08:05 PM
jyotiur

Can I pursue M.Sc after completing B.Sc Maths honors scoring 42% marks?

Respected Sir, I have completed B.Sc Maths honors in which I have scored 42% marks and now I want to continue with my studies. I want to know Am I eligible to pursue M.Sc after completing B.Sc Maths honors scoring 42% marks? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Which course can I pursue after completing B.Sc Botany (honors) except M.Sc?
  2. Is it possible to pursue BA Geography Honors from JNU after completing BA in History honors scoring 60% marks?
  3. Can I pursue Masters in Maths after completing BS Honors in Economics?
  4. Can we get through a good economic honors college without maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I do MSc Physics after completing my BSc? I am a chemistry honors student
  6. How to do MSc Maths after completing BSc computer science?
  7. How can I pursue B.Sc (Honours) after completing Diploma in Agriculture? From where can I pursue B.Sc (Honours)?
  8. How can I pursue LLB course after completing BE scoring 70% marks? -- [New]
  9. Will I be able to join ISRO after completing BSc Computer Science Honors? What are the requirement of marks in subjects like Physics, Maths and honors subjects?
  10. How to pursue masters in Chemistry after completing BSc in chemsitry from DU? What is the minimum marks required to get into MSc? What is the scope of MSc in Organic Chemistry?
  11. Can I pursue Eco honors or B.Com honors without counting Maths? I have secured 94.5%
  12. Am I eligible to pursue M.Sc in Agriculture after completing B.Sc Botany Honors?
  13. What is best after doing BSc in Physics honors other than MSc
  14. Am I eligible to pursue MA course after completing BA scoring 44.62% marks?
  15. Which courses should I opt after completing BSc in maths Honors?
  16. What will be better for me between engineering and BSc honors with Maths?
  17. Best thing to pursue after completing BSc(hons) Maths from Delhi University? Should I go for MSc(Finance), MBA finance or MSc Maths?
  18. M.Sc in Astrophysics or Physics is possible to do after B.Sc in Maths and Economics? Is it possible to present my several Pro Certificates in lieu of a proper Astrophysics or Physics course if I am not eligible?
15th November 2016, 10:22 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I pursue M.Sc after completing B.Sc Maths honors scoring 42% marks?

Yes, you can pursue M.Sc. Since your percentage is less you might not get good college to pursue. There would be entrance exam for the same so clear that with good marks. Try to score good marks in M.Sc. Search for the college from now only.
15th November 2016, 05:09 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue M.Sc after completing B.Sc Maths honors scoring 42% marks?

** M.Sc. Mathematics or Master of Science in Mathematics is a postgraduate Mathematics course.

** For this course candidate must have passed B.Sc Maths from a recognized university with a minimum of 50%.

** As per my knowledge, you are not eligible for M.Sc after completing B.Sc Maths honors scoring 42% marks.
15th November 2016, 05:25 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyotiur View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed B.Sc Maths honors in which I have scored 42% marks and now I want to continue with my studies. I want to know Am I eligible to pursue M.Sc after completing B.Sc Maths honors scoring 42% marks? Please answer as soon as possible.
It is very difficult to get admission to M.Sc Mathematics in many colleges and universities with less than 50% marks in B.Sc Mathematics. But you can get admission to M.Sc Mathematics in a few universities. The course is available for the graduates from a recognized university with a major or Honors in Mathematics or equivalent examinations. The course is available in the Annamalai University. The website link is Annamalai University
15th November 2016, 09:21 PM
pruthvi12dba

Yes you are eligible to study M.sc Maths once you completed your post graduation course you having more scope and better opportunity in your career.

* So do not skip your studies and continue your education and complete PG.
* join in reputed Colleges and University do it in regular manner and do not prefer correspondence.

List of colleges for Msc Maths:

* Chennai Mathematical Institute--Chennai

* Indian Statistical Institute--Delhi

* National Institute of Science Educational Research--Bhubaneswar

* Institute of Mathematics and Applications--Bhubaneswar

* St Stephen's College--New Delhi

* Loyola College--New Delhi

* Christ University--Bangalore

* Madras Christian College--Chennai
15th November 2016, 11:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyotiur View Post
Yes, you can apply for M.Sc course.

Those candidates who have completed B.Sc course from a recognized University are eligible for M.Sc course.

Your age should be in between 18 to 25 years.
16th November 2016, 02:19 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in the above mentioned course after completion of your B.Sc graduation having scored only 42% in aggregate as the minimum requirement is 50% in graduation.

However, you can try for admission in open universities a their criteria is generally low than regular mode of educational Institutes.
16th November 2016, 02:20 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in the above mentioned course after completion of your B.Sc graduation having scored only 42% in aggregate as the minimum requirement is 50% in graduation.

However, you can try for admission in open universities a their criteria is generally low than regular mode of educational Institutes.
30th May 2018, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Which career oriented course should i pursue after completing my bsc scoring 42% aggregate with second class with hons in mathematics?? Please answer as soon as possible.. Please
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?