5th August 2015, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Can i study Astrophysics after 12th? Which entrance is need to be cracked for this?

Can i study Astrophysics after 12th? Which entrance is need to be cracked for this?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study M.Sc in Astrophysics if pursue B.Sc in Physics?
  2. How to study Astrophysics after passing class 12th? When is the entrance exam and which are the colleges for Astrophysics in India
  3. Possibility to study M.Sc in Astrophysics after completing B.Sc in Geology?
  4. List of colleges which offer M.Sc(Astrophysics) to B.Sc candidate in US? Procedure to get admission?
  5. Eligibility to study M.Sc(Astrophysics) for B.Sc(Physics) candidate?
  6. Percentage needed in board and CET exam to study astrophysics?
  7. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Masters in Astrophysics?
  8. Eligibility to study B.Sc(Astronomy & Astrophysics) for 12th passed candidate?
  9. Colleges for B.Sc in Astrophysics? Qualification required? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. List of universities which offer M.Sc(Astrophysics) to B.Sc(Physics) candidate in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  11. List of colleges offering M.Sc(Astrophysics) in Abroad to B.E.(ECE) student? Should I have to appear in any entrance exam?
  12. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in JEST to study PhD in Astrophysics for M.Sc(Astrophysics) postgraduate?
  13. How can I study Astrophysics in Harvard University being a student of 12th standard?
  14. Which entrance exam is to be taken for Astrophysics?
  15. Can I study M.Sc(Astrophysics) if pursuing B.Sc in Mathematics?
  16. In which entrance exam I have to appear for study M.Sc(Astrophysics) in USA? Requirements to get admission?
  17. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA? I am interested in Astrophysics
  18. How can I do graduation from Oxford university in Astrophysics?
6th August 2015, 12:57 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i study Astrophysics after 12th? Which entrance is need to be cracked for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you have completed 12th standard with above 70% from recognized board with PCM subject then you are eligible to get admissions Astrophysics department.

Your age should be above 16 years.

Below given college conducted their own entrance exam.

1.Indian Institute of Astrophysics,Bangalore
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
Ph.No.: +91(80)25530672

2.Indian Institute of Science,Bangalore
Email: [email protected]
Ph.No.: +91-80-23600757

3.National Centre for Radio Astrophysics,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,Pune
Ph.No.: +91-20-25719000, +91-20-25719111

4.Raman Research Institute,Bangalore
Ph.No.: 080-23610122

5.Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES),Nainital
Ph.No.: 05942-235053

6.Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics,Pune
Ph.No.: +91-20-25604200

7.Physical Research Laboratory,Ahmadabad
Ph.No.: +91-79-26314000, 26302129

8.Radio Astronomy Centre,Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,Tamil Nadu
Ph.No.: (91-423)2550334,2550335,2550665
6th August 2015, 11:52 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i study Astrophysics after 12th? Which entrance is need to be cracked for this?

Yes, you can study Astrophysics after 12th. To get admission in Astrophysics, candidate must have completed 12th class with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.

Institutes in India offering Astrophysics :
  • Birla Institute of Technology
  • St. Xavier`s College
  • Cochin University of Science and Technology
  • Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
  • Harish Chandra Research Institute
  • Indian Institute of Astrophysics

Some colleges take admission in the basis of your marks in 12th class. JEST is the entrance exam you can apply to get admission in higher studies in Astrophysics.
7th August 2015, 12:50 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, if you have studied Physics and Mathematics subject in 12th standard then definitely you are eligible to apply for Astrophysics specialization Graduation level. You can apply for B.Sc Astrophysics after completing 12th standard.

All those candidates who have completed their Intermediate or its equivalent qualification can apply for B.Sc Astrophysics. The minimum pass percentage mark is 55%. However, this may differs from college to college.

Which entrance is need to be cracked for this?

The selection process of B.Sc Astrophysics is carried out on the basis of the marks obtained in 12th board exam. Some reputed universities carry out their own entrance exams for the selection process.
23rd May 2018, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

I have done 12th this year a d want to became an astronaut and i give jee exam but did not qualified so what i do to became an astronaut
11th March 2019, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir. I completed my 12 th with physics in 2015. Now am interested in astrophysics.i just wanna know Thad can I eligible for this...?
25th September 2019, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

which entrance exam is to be cracked to study astrophysics after class 12 th in various institutes of india and abroad?
27th October 2019, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Well sir what are the colleges in chennai offers astrophysics
30th November 2020, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

Any entrance exam to join in astrophysics course
9th January 2021, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Is computer necessary as a subject for pursuing Astrophysics?
26th September 2021, 05:56 PM
Alvia Khan

Yes,You cand do B.Sc in Astrophysics after 12th with aggregate of a minimum 50%marks .

Entrance exam for B.Sc Astrophysics is:-
IISER
BHU UET
SAAT
29th July 2022, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

I have intrest astrophysics study after 12th how to apply for study
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?