9th January 2014, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

Dilemma between Diploma and AMEI

Respected sir,
I Mahendra Shahane membership no ( T- 156084-4) has initially applied for technician membership as i am (10 2 PASSED) and which was confirmed on 22/05/10. But i didn't appear to any winter or summer session examinations, as i got the admission to karnataka polytechnic diploma course (part time) in chemical engineering field. Now if i attempt the four subjects of section A (Sr.technician member) and passed out during this due course of three years of diploma, then after my completion and submission of diploma certificate will you allow me to attempt section B exams and can you give me exemption of remaining subjects of section A, as i had upgraded my qualification. You may feel i can directly write AMIE exams instead of taking admission to diploma, but as i am away from studies for almost 20 years diploma is helping me to refresh my mind. Totally in dilema how to go ahead with AMIE. Pls guide me waiting for your favourable reply.

6th March 2014, 08:08 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Dilemma between Diploma and AMEI

No,you better to go with the Diploma remaining subjects rather than AMIE course.You already applied for the Technician membership as you had your 12th qualification.So if you directly go with it may create problem.So for this I would recommend you to first complete your Section A Subjects first.So then you may go with the Senior Technician membership.So that of course you can even refresh your mind with the subject knowledge.By doing this any how,your problem get resolved.

If you complete your Section A subjects fully then you may after that go with the AMIE Course under the Senior Technician Membership.As you will be with the Diploma qualification you may apply for the ST membership.Generally to get admision the application forms available and is open round the year.So this way admission process is very simple.

Soon after filling all your details then your application will be verified by a supporter.And the following documents are required and make sure all these be there along with you.You must have,Attested copied of certificate to prove your age,Higher secondary or Plus two certificates if you have any.Other than these you must also have Final or provisional certificates of your 3 years diploma,Membership registration fee in the form of DD Drawn,and Two passport size photographs to be affixed on the application form.Soon after completion of your diploma,if you go for AMIE Course it is almost equivalent to the B.Tech or Engineering degree,you will get equal number of job opportunities after that.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?