3rd July 2016, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Does Calcutta University offer M.Sc(Genetics) course? List of universities offering M.Sc(Genetics) in West Bengal?

Dear Sir,
I am the student of B.Sc(H) in Botany of Calcutta University. I have an interest to study Genetics. After completing my Graduation , I want to do M.Sc in Genetics. Can I know that Calcutta University is offering M.Sc in Genetics or not? If not, then which universities in West Bengal offering M.Sc in Genetics?

5th July 2016, 09:51 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does Calcutta University offer M.Sc(Genetics) course? List of universities offering M.Sc(Genetics) in West Bengal?

Yes, the Calcutta University offer M.Sc. (Genetics) course. The duration of this course is 2 years or 4 semesters. Candidates who have passed B.Sc. Hons in Agriculture, Anthropology, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physiology, Physics with Chemistry as one of the subjects from a Government recognised university are eligible to pursue M.Sc. (Genetics) course.

List of other colleges/ universities which offer M.Sc(Genetics) course in West Bengal are mentioned below :-

=> West Bengal University of Technology
Address: BF 142, Sector 1, Salt Lake Road, Kolkata, West Bengal 700064
Phone: 033 2321 1327

=> Institute of Genetic Engineering
Address: No. 30, Thakurhat Road, Badu, Kolkata, West Bengal 700128
Phone: 033 2526 0051

=> Guru Nanak Institute of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology
Address: Sahid Colony, Panihati, Kolkata, West Bengal 700110
Phone:033 2523 1247

=> Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya
Address: Mohanpur, Nadia, West Bengal 741252
Phone: 03473 222 269
6th July 2016, 02:02 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does Calcutta University offer M.Sc(Genetics) course? List of universities offering M.Sc(Genetics) in West Bengal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I am the student of B.Sc(H) in Botany of Calcutta University. I have an interest to study Genetics. After completing my Graduation , I want to do M.Sc in Genetics. Can I know that Calcutta University is offering M.Sc in Genetics or not? If not, then which universities in West Bengal offering M.Sc in Genetics?
Yes, Calcutta University offers M.Sc in Genetics course. A candidate who has cleared B.Sc examinations with Honors in Agriculture, Botany, Anthropology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Physics or Physiology, with Chemistry as one of the subjects with 55% marks are eligible to sit for the admission test for M.Sc Genetics.

- Offcial website - http://www.caluniv.ac.in/academic/genetics.htm

The list of colleges offering M.Sc in Genetics in West Bengal is given below;

- Guru Nanak Institute of Pharmaceutical Science & Technology - Official website

- Institute of Genetic Engineering - Official website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?