6th July 2011, 07:01 PM
zigbee

Is M.Tech not useful after doing B.Tech ECE? Can I do M.Tech?

hi,
I am studying b tech 3rd year of ECE branch.I want to do M tech.I am preparing for gate too.But many are saying that doing M tech is not useful for your carrier and if you join in a job you will get experience in these two years course.Is it true?
can i get a good opportunity through M tech.please get me out of this dilama.

23rd August 2011, 07:40 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Is M.Tech not useful after doing B.Tech ECE? Can I do M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbee View Post
hi,I am studying b tech 3rd year of ECE branch.I want to do M tech.I am preparing for gate too.But many are saying that doing M tech is not useful for your carrier and if you join in a job you will get experience in these two years course.Is it true?can i get a good opportunity through M tech.please get me out of this dilama.
Information Regarding M.Tech course.

No, M.Tech is useful for all the candidates who have completed B.Tech course and want to get higher degree. If you are doing B.Tech course with Electronics & Communication Engineering branch and interested in the higher degree then M.Tech is the best option for you.So, don't confuse M.Tech is useful for you.

IIT college is the known as the best institute for M.Tech course. To admission in the any IIT college for the M.Tech course you need to qualify the GATE examination with good score. GATE examination is conducted by the management of IIT college. Many other college also take admission in the M.Tech course through the GATE score card. To know more information about GATE examination please CLICK HERE

If you are interested in the job then many company offer job after completing B.Tech course. You can appear in the campus placement in the final year of B.Tech course in the college in which you are studying. It is also true that after some experience you can get a high level job but M.Tech has own importance in the field of science and technology.

Now depend on you in which field you are more interested. You have both option job or study. So, i advise you to choose any field according to own interest not by parents or other interest. Before choosing any field think twice on that..I wish you will get a brightness future.

Regards
~Mukul~
23rd August 2011, 07:54 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...in an way what information you have got is true ,there is not mutch use of doing mtech in india if you are interested in doing job instead you should opt for an mba .but if you are interested in research field or an teaching profession then its better to go for an mtech degree because you will not get an good teaching job if you dont do an mtech and also later you may also have to do am ohd for that also you must have an mtech so the choice is yours because the placement records of the mtech students even in the iits are also very poor ,
so if you want to do mtech for that first you have to clear the gate examination and get an good rank to get into the best colleges for doin mtech in idia and that is the indian institute of technology ,the gate exam is held in the month of february and the notification are out in the month end of september
23rd August 2011, 08:02 PM
sg1991

It totally depends on your interest whether you want to do higher studies or do a job.
If you manage to get a pretty good package after B.Tech. then you should go for job.
Experience and that too of 2 years is very helpful in increasing your professional knowledge.

But if you are still interested in higher education and feel that you are still interested in gaining knowledge of your subject to a high level, then go for M.Tech.
M.Tech. will enable you to easily get a lecturer's or professor's job in government colleges.
Also your chances of joining institutions like ISRO for research work will increase.
If you are further interested in high research work, then do M.Tech.

There are certain industries that hire only M.Tech. holders. So, M.Tech. is definitely advantageous for you.
23rd August 2011, 08:02 PM
m.thulasiramm

Arrow Re: Is M.Tech not useful after doing B.Tech ECE? Can I do M.Tech?

hai,
dont think like that, M-TECH isuseful.you can do
23rd August 2011, 08:07 PM
vinaykr04

Quote:
hi,
I am studying b tech 3rd year of ECE branch.I want to do M tech.I am preparing for gate too.But many are saying that doing M tech is not useful for your carrier and if you join in a job you will get experience in these two years course.Is it true?
Dude its not the fact that u get the experiance of two years... degree is degree, ofcrse the master degree is better the two year experiance in any of the industry. You shuld persue it as if u like gov job. otherwise the MBS is the best option for ur future. . .
24th August 2011, 07:28 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is M.Tech not useful after doing B.Tech ECE? Can I do M.Tech?

Quote:
hi,

doing merely a B.Tech is surely a chance for u in any company but doing M.Tech in any field solidifies ur knowledge and increases ur chances of getting into a core company..if u are able to get into a good college through GATE then ur package might be as good as double to that of B.Tech..
ur friends are saying all the wrong things..u concentrate on ur goal..
all the best..

hope this helps..
20th September 2011, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

wich one is the best doing M.TECH or M.S???????
27th September 2011, 01:03 AM
hrushi614

hi friend,

M.tech is a good option after completion of b.tech.

There are lot of oppertunities are there.

You will get government jobs are software jobs

you will get high salary than under graduate students
21st November 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

is ms in clis from iiit allahabad after b.tech.in ece is better mba?
10th March 2012, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

wht is the criteria of scholership for doing mtech
2nd May 2012, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

I have done b.tech (EC) in the year 2011 with 56% aggregate only.Presently i am doing job in a small Telecom company since march.Is it good for me to do M.tech?
29th June 2012, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

hi friends........ cant we get software jobs by doing m.tech.......? and can i get the on campus placements by doing it?
15th July 2012, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

I have completed Bechelor in Mechanical Engineering from west coast university, central America, Panama and now doing M Tech in mechanical engineering from CMJ University , Shillong ,Meghalaya. can I apply for Govt. job after M Tech ?
4th August 2012, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

I AM VERY MUCH INTERESTED IN EMBEDDED FIELD, I HAVE ALSO GOT 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE, WHICH WILL GIVE ME MORE KNOWLEDGE IN PRACTICAL AS WELL AS INDUSTRIAL WAY, EITHER I CAN DO M-TECH IN EMBEDDED SYSTEM OR SOME EMBEDDED COURSES, I AM CONFUSED ABOUT THIS KINDLY GIVE ME THE SOLUTION.
6th December 2012, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

i hav completed my b.tech in 2010(e.c.e) with 57%,...nw i hav wrote pgcet in embed system i got rank.bt im intrested in doing m.tech with cse.shall i go forward or i have to choose E.S..iam a java developer with 6months experiance n still...
regards.
17th December 2012, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

i did my b.tech in cse dept & i got just 55% only can i do m.tech.........???????
25th June 2013, 03:44 PM
r091372
Member+

M.Tech is useful After doing B.Tech with ECE.
In Electronics and Communiation Engineering, Ater B.Tech, We can do specialization in any one topic. This is so useful. If We do M.tech, Then There are so many opportunities for jobs and research also.
If You have qualified in GATE, then Join in M.Tech without any doubt.
22nd July 2013, 08:23 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

Higher studies are always use full specially when you want to go for specialized jobs.
M.Tech is useful, after M.tech you will get good pay and good promotion as well compare to your colleagues who are just b.tech.

Many people work for 2-3 year and then return for higher studies, not because they had planned this way but because they feel the need for higher studies.

It would be better to complete you higher studies in continuation of B.Tech as it would be easier for you.
If you take a gap in between, then it becomes difficult to return to studies.

Its better to invest your two year and earn better throughout your life

All the best
10th November 2013, 04:05 PM
GUNDA DIVYA

Quote:
hi,
M.tech is the best choice after B.tech especially for ECE students.
Through GATE if you have your M.Tech you will be placed by you college itself.
After M.tech also you'll have many oppurtunities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?