27th December 2013, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Doing M.Tech from VIT organized by Cognizant makes me eligible for PhD?

I want to do an Mtech and go for teaching field.VIT has offered Mtech programme for employees of cognizant.can i do phd after that and go to teaching field??or is it a good idea to quit the job to do Mtech?

Related Questions:
  1. Is M.Tech from VIT for Cognizant Employees Programme AICTE recognized?
  2. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Details about entrance exam in VIT for M.Tech after B.Tech (ECE)? Syllabus?
  4. Can i do Ph.D in reputed US universities?
  5. Which is better between Ph.D and M.Tech after completing MCA, M.Phil
  6. What are the different exams for PG MSc in Biology area? I am a final year BSc Zoology
  7. Osmania University degree vs VIT degree -- [New]
  8. What is the minimum percentage required to do M.Tech in VIT?
  9. How may I do Ph.D without doing M.Tech? How may I get details for the same?
  10. IISC and PhD
  11. What Jobs are available after B.Tech with 63% in 12th?
  12. What is the difference between pursuing MBA and M.Tech?
  13. Colleges in south India which provide Mtech or integrated PhD in Mtech in elctromagnetics, Control systms, Signals and systems engineering
  14. Am I eligible for placements after M.tech in the companies that are coming for B.Tech recruitment in my college? I have scored above 70% marks in both year of M.Tech?
  15. Eligibility for Ph.D after B.Sc (Computers) and M.Sc (IT)? M.Phil necessary? Does M.Tech help before Ph.D?
  16. Marks required to do M.Tech after MCA? Eligibility?
  17. After M.Tech from an ordinary college can we do PhD? Which exams to write and how to take admission?
  18. Which company is better between Cognizant and Infosys if I want to prepare for higher studies while working? Are there any certification programs in Cognizant? Which will give me better salary?
5th January 2014, 12:44 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Doing M.Tech from VIT organized by Cognizant makes me eligible for PhD?

If you want to go in the teaching field then you need to do B.Ed course first. But if you are thinking to do PhD course so you need to have master degree.

In order to appear for the Phd exams one need to have minimum qualification of the master degree. If any of the candidates having minimum qualification of master degree with at least of 55 % marks in his or her master degree. Then he or she can apply for the Phd course as you are sad that you are doing master degree from VIT university so after completing your master d you are also eligible to apply for the phd course.

So don't worry you are eligible to apply for the Phd course in future.

As you are doing currently master degree from VIT university so you are currently not eligible to apply for Phd exam but after completing the master degree you can surely apply for the Phd course.

The basic eligibility criteria for the Phd course is master degree if any of the candidates having minimum qualification of master degree then he or she can surely apply to the phd course.

I hope so this information will help you.
You can easily go with the phd course after completing your master degree from vit university as VIT which is recognised by the Phd.
Final year students are also eligible to apply for the Phd course so if you are in the final year than you can also apply for the Phd course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?