30th March 2015, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD in History for a candidate who has secured 60% in M.A. in History?

Friends,
Can I do Ph.D in History after scoring
60% marks in M.A. in History?
What is the eligibility for PhD in History?
Please reply as soon as possible.

6th April 2015, 12:48 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD in History for a candidate who has secured 60% in M.A. in History?

Yes, you can pursue PhD in History after completion of your MA with 60%. There is no bar as such for minimum percentage below which one is not eligible for PhD. Some universities take admission on the basis of entrance exam scores and interview while some universities take admission on the basis of scores in the post graduation level and thesis field. So, it purely depends on the institute in which you want to enroll; whether you are eligible or not to study for the PhD course. You can comment below with the name of the institutes to get more specific and detailed description.
18th November 2015, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD in History for a candidate who has secured 60% in M.A. in History?

I have done ma history from ignou with 58% marks.I am obc category can I do PhD from du
5th December 2020, 03:25 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD in history for a candidate who has secured 50% in M.A in history ?
26th September 2021, 10:16 PM
Minal F

Candidates must have post graduate degree in relevant discipline with minimum 55%marks from a recognized university are eligible to study PhD in History.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?