21st March 2015, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Have I qualified if my GATE marks got normalized to 24.33?

I got 25.33 marks in GATE and they are normalized to 24.33
my rank is 34377 and GATE score is 336
and i'm from general category, am i qualified or not..?

26th March 2015, 09:41 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Have I qualified if my GATE marks got normalized to 24.33?

Yes, you have qualified, i.e, you have cleared the cutoff of your branch in GATE. However, your score is not very high and your rank is also not good. With this rank it is not possible to get M.Tech admission in good institutes as well as get shortlisted for the interview round. It will be better if you prepare again and give a try next year or try for private universities or go for jobs.

Normalization of the score is done to make scores attained by students in different question sets are at par. There are usually 4 sets of questions in GATE and the score achieved by you in that paper depends on the number of right answers, wrong answers and also on the level of toughness of the question paper.
7th April 2015, 11:09 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: Have I qualified if my GATE marks got normalized to 24.33?

The cutoff marks for all branches are different. You have stated your marks and rank but have not said anything about your branch.
You can check the results page itself there you will see a section where qualification is mentioned.
Whichever branch you are,your score and rank is too low for a general category candidate to secure admission in any good or even average college and no chance for interview in PSUs.
Better would be to prepare for next time and get a good rank rather than wasting your life and getting admission somewhere now in a low grade college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?