30th January 2015, 02:17 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to follow to do Ph.D in IIT or NIT?

Sir/Mam,

I have gatescore of 2014 mechanical paper as 364.sc category.i am doing mtech in mtrl science and metallurgy in national institute of foundry and forge tech college.how can i have phd in iit or nit warangal?please i request you to reply...i want phd...

30th January 2015, 10:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to follow to do Ph.D in IIT or NIT?

If you have got M.Tech degree with at least 55% marks and qualified exams like GATE/NET/SLET/JRF then you can apply for Ph.D admission in IITs or NITs. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category i.e SC/ST and Physically Handicapped. You have qualified GATE, therefore, you can use the score to apply for admission in a Ph.D program.

In top Institutes like IITs and NITs getting admission is very difficult if you haven't got any of the above scores. If you have very excellent score in GATE/NET/SLET/JRF then only you will be able to get admission.
30th July 2017, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the procedure to follow to do Ph.D in IIT or NIT?

I belong to sc community. I am reading in mtech in ece 2nd yr. in nit meghalay in 2017-18 session. I am gate qualified. Can i apply for phd in iits for 2018-21 session.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?