17th March 2015, 03:25 AM
Unregistered

Master of Science after B.Tech (Biotech)

May I get admitted in Master of Science in Bio technology or Medical Biotechnology after doing B. Tech in Biotech. If So, Where? & How?

18th March 2015, 06:53 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Master of Science after B.Tech (Biotech)

Essential Eligibility Criteria required to apply for M.Sc in Biotechnology :

Candidate should have passed bachelor's degree in science (B.Sc) with Biotechnology from a recognized university with combination of Chemistry + Botany + Biotechnology and Biotechnology must be the specialization subject OR

Should have passed B.Sc with Chemistry + Zoology + Biotechnology from a recognized university OR

Should have passed B.Tech in Biotechnology from a recognized university.

Candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks in graduation for UR and OBCs and 45% marks for SC/ST/PH Category candidates.

If you have completed B.Tech in Biotechnology then you are eligible to apply for admission in M.Sc Biotechnology.

Biotechnology course has a huge scope in India and around the world as well because this subject covers entire parts of biological/ botanical/ agricultural science which is why most of the related companies demands this course to provide jobs therefore you have a very good chance with many opportunities in future so you should utilize this chance and get admission as soon as possible.

If you are wiling to get admission in M.Sc in Medical Biotechnology then you can apply for admission in Medical Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc/ BAMS/ BHMS but not on the basis of B.Tech in Biotechnology because B.Tech is the degree of technology which is why not accepted in medical field.

I have listed some good universities which offers M.Sc in Biotechnology :

>> St. Xaviers College

>> Rajiv Gandhi Center for Biotechnology - Kerala

>> University of Hyderabad - School of Life Sciences

>> University of Mumbai - Institute of Chemical Technology

>> Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University - New Delhi

>> Punjab University - Chandigarh

>> University of Pune - Bioinformatics Center

>> Bangalore University - Department of Microbiology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?