17th March 2015, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do MA Economics after BA? What is the eligibility criteria to apply for MA?

Am I eligible to do MA Economics after BA? Can someone let me know the basic eligibility criteria which would be required to apply for MA? If I am eligible which college would be best to apply for? Kindly guide me with the proper information.

17th March 2015, 10:14 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do MA Economics after BA? What is the eligibility criteria to apply for MA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do MA Economics after BA? Can someone let me know the basic eligibility criteria which would be required to apply for MA? If I am eligible which college would be best to apply for? Kindly guide me with the proper information.
B.A in pass course candidates are not eligible for MA in Economics.

If you have completed BA in economics with above then you are eligible for MA in Economics.

Best college for MA in Economics in India:-

Deshbandhu College
Address: Kalkaji, New Delhi, DL 110019
Phone: 011 2643 9565

Wilson College
Address: Marine Dr, Girgaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Phone: 022 23637663

Christ College, Bangalore
Address: Hosur Main Road, Bangalore, Karnataka 560029
Phone: 080 4012 9199

Delhi College of Arts and Commerce
Address: Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, Shaheed Sudhir Subharwal Marg, Netaji Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110023
Phone: 011 2410 9821

Loyola College
Address: Nungambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Phone: 044 2817 8490

Lady Brabourne College
Address: P-1/2, Suhrawardy Ave, Beniapukur, Kolkata, West Bengal

Hans Raj College
Address: Mahatma Hans Raj Marg, University Enclave, New Delhi, DL 110007
Phone: 011 2766 7458

Alphonsa College, Pala
Address: Arunapuram P.O, Pala, Kerala 686574
Phone:04822 212 447
18th March 2015, 06:32 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do MA Economics after BA? What is the eligibility criteria to apply for MA?

Minimum eligibility criteria necessary to apply for MA in Economics :

A candidate must have passed bachelor's degree in Economics (BA in Economics) from a recognized university.

A candidate should have secured minimum 45% marks in graduation for General and OBC candidates and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates.

If you have above mentioned qualification then you can apply for admission in MA Economics in some good universities available in India. Some universities conduct entrance examination for candidates willing to get admission in MA for MA Economics, MA Applied Economics, MA Business Economics and MA Econometrics so you can choose any of these courses and start your PG degree journey.

Now it comes to universities/colleges so I have listed some good colleges/universities offering Master's in Economics :

Christ University - Bangalore - MA in Applied Economics.

Barkatullah University - Bhopal - MA in Economics.

University of Petroleum and Energy Studies - MA in Economics with speciality in Energy Economics.

IGNOU - Indra Gandhi National Open University - MA in Economics.

JNU - Jawaharlal Nehru University - Delhi MA in Economics

On the basis of your current qualification, if you qualify CAT/ MAT/ CMAT entrance examination then you can get admission in MBA Economics in some top rated universities which is also a better option for you and there are some colleges in India which offers MBA in Economics :

CMS Institute of Management.

Delhi Institute of Advanced Studies - New Delhi

Indian School of Business and Finance - Delhi

So you should choose your career option carefully then only think about admission because this can be the most important course for your future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?