5th January 2015, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Which one to pursue after completing B.Sc? M.Sc or MCA?

Hello, I am doing my B.Sc first year in a college in Madurai. I realise it's a bit early for me to ask this question, but still...
I plan to do MS after I do my PG because MS requires at least 4 years of college education. But I'm confused whether I should do M.Sc or MCA after B.Sc... many people say take MCA it has better exposure but I personally feel M.Sc is a better option because I can finish my studies quicker and plus I'm going to do MS anyway.
I need help on deciding whether to do M.Sc or MCA after B.Sc. Any kind of comment would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

9th January 2015, 10:50 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one to pursue after completing B.Sc? M.Sc or MCA?

MCA and M.Sc degrees have their own individual importance. But as far as scope and job opportunities are concerned I suggest you to go for MCA course after completion of B.Sc degree. Make sure you pursue masters program from a recognized and renowned university. There are many jobs available even with M.Sc post graduate program, but as you are willing to do MS, I suggest you to go for MCA (Master of Computer Applications) program.
If you are doing B.Sc in Information Technology or Computer Science streams, MCA course is best option after B.Sc course. But if you are pursuing B.Sc in specified field, M.Sc in the same field is better than MCA degree. So you have only two options to be followed as provided above. M.Sc program is related to science aspect, and MCA Post graduate program is related to technical field. After completion of MCA course, you may find very good number of job opportunities in technical field (Software companies) in India and abroad as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?