11th September 2017, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do MFA without BFA degree?

I completed my graduation in science with honours. I have a lot of interest in fine arts, but I don't have BFA. Now I want to do MFA. I am from Kolkata. Is it possible to do MFA without BFA? Please help me.

11th September 2017, 07:55 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible to do MFA without BFA degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my graduation in science with honours. I have a lot of interest in fine arts, but I don't have BFA. Now I want to do MFA. I am from Kolkata. Is it possible to do MFA without BFA? Please help me.

Sorry, to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for MFA(Master in Fine Arts), because for MFA course minimum qualification required to apply is bachelors degree in fine arts and you have not done your bachelors degree in fine arts.

So you must have to choose your own specialization stream to do master degree course.
11th September 2017, 09:14 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that it is not possible to do Masters of Fine Arts without completing Bachelors of Fine Arts.
Since, you haven't pursued Bachelors of Fine Arts, so you are not eligible for Masters of Fine Arts course.
11th September 2017, 11:25 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to do MFA course after completion of your BFA course. Only candidates who have passed BFA or related course from a recognised university are eligible to pursue MFA course. So, being a B.Sc. Science graduate, you are not eligible to pursue MFA course.
13th September 2017, 12:44 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for the MFA (Masters in Fine Arts) course after the completion of Graduation in Science.
Candidates those who have completed their BFA course from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the MFA course.
You can opt for Masters degree in Science after the completion of Graduation. You can also opt for MBA course as well.
14th September 2017, 07:13 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

No, it's not possible to get admission in MFA without passing BFA. You are not eligible to get admission in MFA.

A candidate who wants to get admission in MFA must to fulfill following criteria-
A candidate must have BFA degree.
Or
A candidate must have BA degree with fine arts.
8th January 2020, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

Can i do MFA after simple BA its not BFA ?
20th March 2020, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

I completed my my graduation in BBA stream and I m an interior designer.even I have completed my interior designing course in which mine 1st year was of fine arts.. I have a keen interest in doing fine arts...can I get a post of MFA to do,with this qualifications..
Waiting for your reply.
27th June 2021, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

After doing vis com in Asan Collage can we do MfA in which Collage
19th July 2021, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

hi, I complete my degree in B. A Program and completed Advance Diploma in Graphic and Web Design(2years) I have 2-3 years of experience and observation in designing. Can I apply for MFA (Applied Art) if yes then what's the processor?
21st August 2021, 09:07 PM
Available here
Senior Member+

No,it is not possible ,

Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university with minimum 50% to 60% marks are eligible for MFA.

Duration 2 years
26th August 2022, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I have done my BSc. Now can I do mfa?
27th September 2022, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation in BA in arts. Now can i do MFA?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?