16th May 2015, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Which post graduation course I can opt for after completion of MBA?

I have done b.com from pu chd and mba from ptu. now i still want to study further. i m seeking help regarding which course should i continue with. and also how to apply for the specified course.? Can someone please provide me the information soon as possible?

Thanks!

16th May 2015, 09:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which post graduation course I can opt for after completion of MBA?

MBA itself is a post graduation degree and you don't need any other degree if you are looking for post graduation qualification. You can now go for qualifications which are higher than post graduation like M.Phil and Ph.D in your field of study.

You can apply for Ph.D if you have got at least 55% marks in your MBA degree from a recognized University. For that you need to appear in exams like NET/SLET/JRF. If you have any of these scores then you have chance of admission in a top Ph.D college.You are eligible for Ph.D in management and M.Phil in management. The admission is mostly on the basis of performance in the entrance exam and interview.
17th May 2015, 11:46 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done b.com from pu chd and mba from ptu. now i still want to study further. i m seeking help regarding which course should i continue with. and also how to apply for the specified course.? Can someone please provide me the information soon as possible?

Thanks!
It's good to see that you are interested to apply for Higher degree course after completing an MBA. Learning is never End process you can learn whatever you want. There are plenty of courses available for Commerce Graduates. If you are interested in the research field, then I suggest you to apply for a PhD in Commerce, which is having good scope in both the Government and Public sector as well. You may have a chance to become a Lecturer in College level after completing PhD along with the UGC NET exam.

PhD Eligibility Criteria:

- Students who have a Master's degree in Commerce or relevant specialization with 55% of marks from a recognized University are eligible.
- Students must appear and qualify it the UGC NET entrance exam with good marks.

Apart from PhD subject you can also apply for the Master degree courses like,

- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
17th May 2015, 08:31 PM
james hettfield
Member+

I guess you have already completed your post graduation, and after completing your MBA you should not look for any further studies and try to get some job.
This is also true that the competition is hard out there, so you it might be a little difficult for you to get the job. But don’t lose heart and try to be an intern in an organization so that after getting some experience you can establish your career.
And if still you want to go on for more post graduation, then you may look up for mass communication/ journalism, hotel management or event management, because these are the courses in which your MBA would also be utilized and you will be given an extra edge over others.
17th May 2015, 08:59 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanks!
You can do the Master degree course or PhD course after completing an MBA. Since, you have completed MBA, which is having good scope in both the Government and Private sectors as well. So, I suggest you to apply for Job and Continue your studies along with your job so that you can get some work experience in relevant along with educational qualification. Work experience is every Important to secure a job with good salary. Here, I have listed you the Master Degree and PhD course which you can apply for after MBA.

Master Degree Courses:

- Master of Commerce
- Master of Arts
- Master of Bank Management
- Master of Social Work etc.

PhD courses:

- PhD in Commerce
- PhD in Management etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?