18th July 2017, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get admission in IIT for MCA course

I am a student of B.Sc. PCM group, but I choose the subjects physics and chemistry in final year. Can I get the admission in IIT for MCA? Please tell me.

Related Questions:
  1. Admission procedure to study PhD in IIT for MCA postgraduate?
  2. Procedure to get admission in MCA at IIT?
  3. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  4. Am I eligible for Ph.D from IITs after doing MCA and BCA course? What is the procedure to take admission?
  5. Eligibility criteria and selection procedure to study MCA in IIT Kharagpur? Syllabus of entrance exam for it? Cut off marks of previous year?
  6. Can I get admission in MCA management? What is the procedure? Is there any scope for MCA commerce? I have not done document verification for MCA admission
  7. Will IIT help me to apply for Education Loan to study MCA? -- [New]
  8. Whether MCA course is available in IIT Roorkee?
  9. Which is better between M.Sc and MCA if studying M.Sc Maths in IIT-Delhi?
  10. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to get admission in IGNOU for MCA program? Procedure to get admission?
  11. What is MCA admission procedure? What is the syllabus of MCA? Study material for MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Does IIT Roorkee provide correspondence admission in MCA?
  13. Does IIT Roorkee still gives admission in MCA? How to get admission in IITs for MCA?
  14. How to get admission in MCA through IIT JAM after passing BCA? Last 10 years MCA question papers?
  15. Whether IIT-Chennai offers MCA program? Duration and scope of MCA course? Preparation tips for JAM?
  16. Will I take admission in IIT(MCA) after doing BSc? What is the syllabus for MCA entrance exam?
  17. How to do Ph.D from a good college after doing MCA? What is the overall procedure
  18. What is the procedure followed to get admission for Ph.D in IIT?
19th July 2017, 11:40 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in IIT for MCA course

Candidates who have completed their graduation with minimum 60% and above marks from a recognized college/university are eligible to apply for MCA in IIT. You should also have studies mathematics in 12th standard or in graduation level.

With the above qualification you are eligible to pursue MCA from IIT. You have to appear for IIT JAM MCA entrance examination after qualifying which you can get admission in IIT for MCA course.
20th July 2017, 12:59 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in IIT for MCA course

Admission to MCA course in IIT is done on the basis of entrance exam IIT-JAM which is conducted by IITs.
IITs conduct IIT-JAM examination for admission to M.Sc, M.Sc+PhD and MCA programs.
The MCA course is only offered by IIT Roorkee.A candidate seeking admission to IIT for MCA course, is required to appear and qualify in IIT-JAM examination.
Eligibility criteria for IIT-JAM:
>A candidate should have at least 55% marks in bachelors degree without rounding off (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries) for general/OBC (NCL) category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks without rounding off for SC/CT and PwD category candidates in the qualifying degree.
Form for IIT-JAM will cost Rs 1000 for general category male candidate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?