12th May 2021, 04:39 AM
Unregistered

Should I go for UPSC preparation directly or complete post graduation first?

I am doing economics hons from du. I aim for the Civil Examination but I want to do post graduation. It's because I can't afford to drop a year for the prep. Is it advisable to prepare for upsc alongside my post graduation?

12th May 2021, 02:28 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for UPSC preparation directly or complete post graduation first?

You should go for UPSC preparation directly.

If you aim is to crack Civil Services Examination than you should focus on that only.

You can complete you post graduation part time from any open university like IGNOU.

Don't go for full time post graduation course along with UPSC preparation.

It would be much difficult to crack UPSC in 2nd case.
13th May 2021, 11:24 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for UPSC preparation directly or complete post graduation first?

Yes, you can go for the UPSC preparation directly if you have completed your graduation. The eligibility criteria for UPSC is a candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. The candidate must be a citizen of India and the age should be in between 21 and 32 years as of 1st August 2021.

I am also giving you the website link for your reference that is www.upsc.gov.in
13th May 2021, 01:18 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

You can start preparation with post-graduation but it should not disturb your studies of post-graduation. If you can manage both then there is no problem. If you can not manage both then start preparation of UPSC once you complete post - graduation.

I suggest you to start UPSC preparation now because earlier you start better it would be, more time you will get.
13th May 2021, 09:01 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

✓ If you plan to appear for the exam after completing post-graduation, then you have plenty of time for UPSC preparation. Start preparing but you should allot time to both post-grad subjects and UPSC as well. If you can gather some knowledge while doing pg, it will be helpful for you while giving upsc test .
14th May 2021, 06:36 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

You should start the preparation of UPSC as soon as possible because syllabus of UPSC exam is not easy at all. You have to give maximum time you can give to study.

Eligibility:
The candidate should have completed graduation to be eligible for appearing in UPSC exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?