7th February 2016, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

Can I directly start preparation for civil services after completion of graduation or I need to do post graduation course?

I am a student of B.com(hons) final year, I want to go for civil services, so should I consider post-gradutaion(MBA) or directly start preparing for civil services after graduation?? What would be the better one to do? Can someone please provide me the answer?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the right time to start the preparation for Civil Services?
  2. Can I do my post graduation directly in fashion designing right after completion of B.Tech course?
  3. Which subjects can I prepare for Civil services after completion of Post Graduation being a candidate of Home Science?
  4. What should I do after my 12th if I have taken medical in 12th? What course should I take after 12th that can help me for IAS and IPS exam?
  5. How to apply for IPS officer job after passing B.Com?
  6. Can I get seat for IPS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th with an aggregate of 60% and with the height of 176 cms and weight of 62 kilograms?
  7. How much score is needed to become an IPS? I am studying B.Com 3rd semester
  8. How to become an IAS officer after doing B.A english literature 1st year
  9. What to do after completion of graduation? Prepare for CAT exam or for getting job?
  10. What to do after completion of Graduation? Do I need to prepare for the job or CAT exam?
  11. Is this possible to prepare for IAS while doing B.Tech?
  12. What preparation I need to have for Civil Services having completed B.Com?
  13. Can I do Psychology course for post graduation after completion of B.Sc Graduation?
  14. Can we do IAS after completing BSc and MSc
  15. How to become an IAS officer having completed 10th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Possible to do post graduation in engineering through correspondence after getting selected in civil services?
  17. In which trade of BSc can I qualify for IPS and IAS?
  18. Can I do post graduation in fashion designing if I have completed B.Tech Graduation?
7th February 2016, 12:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I directly start preparation for civil services after completion of graduation or I need to do post graduation course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of B.com(hons) final year, I want to go for civil services, so should I consider post-gradutaion(MBA) or directly start preparing for civil services after graduation?? What would be the better one to do? Can someone please provide me the answer?
You are a final year student of B.Com degree so you can start preparation for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require post graduation degree.

You are eligible for Civil service exam because you are a final year student of B.Com course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
7th February 2016, 01:17 PM
sudhirlucky

Default Re: Can I directly start preparation for civil services after completion of graduation or I need to do post graduation course?

No don't start direct preparation it won't help you , First of all try to find out best coaching institute in your area, If there is not Try to go outside your place. Because it is the matter of your career so take it seriously.
7th February 2016, 03:38 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you can start the preparation for examination as soon as possible if you desire to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year and the examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc..

The examination is conducted in three stages and it is necessary to qualify in all three stages of examination for final recruitment and to qualify in these stages, candidates need to have better preparation for examination which requires hard and smart work.

So, you can start the preparation but if you are interested in pursuing MBA, you can go with it also. For more information about Civil Services examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th February 2016, 05:20 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university is eligible for Civil Services examination. There is no need of post graduation course for you to prepare for this exam. You can start your preparation for this exam right from final year of bachelor's degree in commerce.

From my point of view, it would be better to start preparation instead of going for post graduation course. At basic level, you must starting reading NCERT books of social sciences and science from standard 6th to standard 10+2. Old NCERT books for History subject. This will help you in building basic concept of different subjects for this exam.

The minimum age limit to apply for this exam is 21 years on 1st August of year of exam.
7th February 2016, 07:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For civil services exam only graduation is the required qualification as far as the eligibility criteria is concerned. Therefore, no need to go for post graduation if you are worrying about eligibility criteria.

You can go for higher studies if you think it will benefit you in future. Preparing for civil services exam is your choice and it totally depends on you to decide how to prepare .
7th February 2016, 07:31 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
It's nice to hear that you are interested to apply for Civil Service Exam. There is no such restriction to complete a Master degree to get started preparing for Civil Service exams. You can start Civil Service exam preparation at any time as you wish. However, the Important thing is that you should concentrate both your studies and Civil Service exam.

Those are interested to apply for Civil Service Examination, must satisfy the below criteria;

- The applicants are required to complete Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The applicant age should be not below 21 years and not more than 32 years and upper age relaxation will be given to the candidates who are belonging to the reserved category.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
7th February 2016, 11:27 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria:

*Graduation from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for exam.

*Age limit is 21-32 years.

*Nationality must be India.

You can start your preparation directly after graduation and there is no need to do post graduation course for preparation.
8th February 2016, 12:42 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

The choice should be sorely made by you since you need to prepare for it and have to pursue it. Civil Services and MBA are completely different fields and require separate preparation. Hence you need to analyze your interests and then take the required actions. You are eligible for Civil services as well as for MBA. Hence think and analyze your strengths, future goals and your current status, then proceed further. Since you want to go for Civil services, so you should start your preparation properly and work hard to achieve your goal.
8th February 2016, 12:50 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, you can start your preparation for civil services after the completion of graduation degree. The eligibility is a graduation from a recognized university. The aspirant can prepare for the civil service preliminary examination conducted by the UPSC. There are many classes are available for the civil services examinations. You can attend them and you can also do self study for at least 6 hours daily. There are lots of materials and tips are available in the websites. You have to read the newspapers and watch news channels.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?