26th March 2016, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study M.Sc(Mathematics) in Pune University?

Hi,
I am interested in doing M.Sc(Mathematics) from Pune University. I am currently pursuing B.Sc in Mathematics. Kindly tell me how do I go about it? Do I need to give any entrance exam?

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for M.Sc(CS) entrance exam of Pune University? Study material and question papers?
  2. Eligibility criteria, exam date, study material and previous year question papers of Ph.D in Public Administration entrance exam conducted by Mumbai University and Pune University?
  3. Study material for MSc CS exam of Pune University?
  4. Date of Pune University entrance exam for pursuing B.Ed course? Which study material to refer? Colleges offering the course and the fee structure involved?
  5. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study M.Sc(Mathematics) in Pune University? -- [New]
  6. Registration procedure of Ph.D(Chemistry) program in Pune University? Detailed information, syllabus and date of Ph.D entrance exam?
  7. Am I eligible to given entrance exam and take admission in MCA course at Pune university? I'm studying in Tilak Maharashtra university(Pune)
  8. M.Sc Maths entrance exam dates of Pune university?
  9. When the notification of Pune University M.Sc(Mathematics) entrance exam will be released? Total number of seats for M.Sc(Mathematics) in Pune University?
  10. Which study material to choose for CSIR(NET) entrance exam? Which are the coaching institutes that are available in Pune?
  11. can i apply for mca entrance in pune university and give entrance exam from mumbai?
  12. Is there any entrance exam to study Post Graduation course in Physics at Pune University?
  13. Entrance exam for MSc biochemistry in Pune University?
  14. MSC Microbiology, Pune University entrance date and other details? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to apply in Pune for Chartered Accountant course? Best college in Pune to study for PE exam?
  16. What are the universities offering analytical chemistry?
  17. Syllabus for the entrance of Pune University for MSc?
  18. Detailed information about Ph.D entrance exam of Pune University?
29th March 2016, 12:43 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study M.Sc(Mathematics) in Pune University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am interested in doing M.Sc(Mathematics) from Pune University. I am currently pursuing B.Sc in Mathematics. Kindly tell me how do I go about it? Do I need to give any entrance exam?
Yes, you have to appear for an entrance examination to study M.Sc in Mathematics in Pune University. The eligibility to appear for the entrance examination is a pass in bachelor degree in Mathematics. The admission will be based on marks scored in entrance examination and B.Sc Mathematics. You can apply online for the entrance examination. The aspirant can get all the details regarding the admission in the website given, Click Here
29th March 2016, 07:58 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study M.Sc(Mathematics) in Pune University?

Yes, you are absolutely correct. You need to appear in the entrance exam conducted by Pine University to get advise in the M.SC. course. First of all, aim to complete your B.Sc in Mathematics with a good score. After completion prepare well and appear in the entrance exam. Aim to score high in it to get the admission seat.
29th March 2016, 05:45 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The candidate who is interested to study Master of Science in mathematics in Pune University has to qualify the entrance exam conducted by the University. Both objective and subjective type of questions are asked in the entrance exam. Total number of questions are 60 and out of which 25 are objective type and rest are subjective type. Bachelor degree in mathematics is the basic eligibility criteria to apply for this entrance exam. Total number of seats are 60 and out of which 50% are reserved for Maharashtra students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?