19th November 2014, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Should I prepare for CAT to get admission in MBA instead of preparing for IPCC Group-II?

Hey!
I'm doing bcom hons (2nd year) from Jamia Millia Islamia. I've just cleared Ipcc group 1 in my first attempt. I scored only 200 marks though. I'm not very dedicated student and i don't think i can handle CA very well. So i'm thinking of starting to prepare for CAT and do MBA instead. But looking at the number of MBA aspirants I don't think I stand in a very good position. I've also heard if you don't get into the top 20 colleges then you're wasting your money. I don't wanna waste my dad's money. But I wanna be sure of where i am going. The problem with CA is that I don't know WHEN will I become a CA. BUt i know if I study 2 year MBA i will become a post graduate with am MBA degree.

I am really confused. I need some counselling.
Should I start preparing for group2 ? Or should I give CAT at least one try?
Should I look for other course like MBA?

12th December 2014, 11:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I prepare for CAT to get admission in MBA instead of preparing for IPCC Group-II?

You should do your CA preparation and also prepare for MBA entrance exams. If you are able to get a good score in MBA entrance exam, then you will be eligible for admission in a top college/institute.

You should prepare for CAT very thoroughly and don't think about what will happen if you are not able to get admission in a good college. You should concentrate only on your preparation and keep your focus on your target.

Nobody will force you to take admission in a sub standard MBA college, therefore, be prepared for CAT and make sure that you are very well prepared according to the syllabus of CAT. Nothing is impossible and if you have dedication, then you can surely achieve your goal.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?