22nd March 2015, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Should I study Part Time MCA if working in an IT company? Is Part Time MCA has less value than Full Time MCA?

Hello Sir,
I am a final year BCA student. I got placed in an IT company at Chennai.
Some friends and relatives told me to go for full time MCA and some told to join in that company and do a part time MCA. I am really confused. Which will be better for my career and my future. And is the part time MCA has lesser value than full time MCA?
Thank you.

30th March 2015, 11:14 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I study Part Time MCA if working in an IT company? Is Part Time MCA has less value than Full Time MCA?

Yes, part time course has lesser value than a full time MCA course. For post graduation course, the institute from which you do it matters a lot since you will bear the tag of it for the entire life. Hence the best option would be to go for a job, get 1-2 years of work experience and then opt for MCA in top institutes of the country. However, you can also opt for another good option which is going for a job and then pursue part time MCA. This option is ideal in the situation wherein you can have growth opportunities in the concerned company where you are working if you have a higher educational qualification. So go for full time MCA if you have the opportunity to do it from a good well-reputed institute.
2nd April 2015, 07:06 PM
Ashwakh

Default Re: Should I study Part Time MCA if working in an IT company? Is Part Time MCA has less value than Full Time MCA?

See , it is always better to go for Regular course in Post graduation . But , in your case it is different . You mentioned that you already got placed in some Company . So , there will not be any chance for you to go for Regular mode of MCA course .

Since , you are already placed in some company , you can go for Distance mode of MCA , Which will not be heldpful for you to get a job in Government sector.

In future , if you want to settle in Government sector job which is based on MCA qualification , then you have to go for MCA in Regular mode now.
Distance MCA is not eligible for most of the Government jobs now-a-day.
4th April 2015, 05:35 PM
amanshrivastava98

Yes, the part time courses are said to have a lesser value than the full time as the MCA has a lot of Practical course.

But if you cannot pursue it on the regular basis due to the job as you have mentioned then you can go for the Part time.

You can pursue it from any university providing a distance learning course and you just have to write the examination.
4th March 2018, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

I have currently joined as software tester , which one would be better for me MCA or Msc IT?
18th June 2023, 06:00 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Deciding whether to pursue a part-time Master of Computer Applications (MCA) while working in an IT company depends on your specific circumstances and goals. Here are a few factors to consider:

Work-Life Balance: Pursuing a part-time MCA while working can be challenging as it requires effectively managing your time between work, studies, and personal commitments. Consider whether you can handle the workload and maintain a healthy work-life balance.

Professional Experience: Working in an IT company alongside your studies can provide practical experience and allow you to apply the knowledge gained from your MCA program directly to your job. This combination of theoretical learning and hands-on experience can enhance your skill set and make you more competitive in the job market.

Networking Opportunities: Full-time MCA programs often provide more opportunities for networking with faculty, fellow students, and industry professionals through events, internships, and campus activities. Part-time programs may have limited networking opportunities in comparison. However, you can still build professional connections through online platforms, professional associations, and networking events outside of your program.

Program Duration: Part-time MCA programs usually have a longer duration than full-time programs since you are studying while working. Consider how the extended duration may impact your career progression and overall goals.

Regarding the value of part-time MCA versus full-time MCA, it's important to note that the value of a degree ultimately depends on various factors, including your skills, knowledge, work experience, and performance in the field. While full-time MCA programs may offer more immersive experiences and networking opportunities, part-time MCA programs can still provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills required for your career advancement.

Ultimately, it is essential to evaluate your personal circumstances, consider your career goals, and weigh the pros and cons of both options. It may be beneficial to speak with professionals in the field, colleagues who have pursued part-time education, or academic advisors to gain insights and make an informed decision that aligns with your aspirations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?