1st December 2016, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to choose in post graduation between Biotechnology and Food Technology?

I am harika chowdary. My self studying B.Sc Microbiology & Food Science nutrition. I am confused to choose which subject in post graduation because I am fond of and interested in both biotechnology & food technology. My doubt, is opting food biotechnology as vast opportunities in south india.?! Or which part of biotechnology is the best in getting a highly passionate job in south india itself. Hoping the reply soon to my question. Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better between M.Sc Biotechnology, M.Sc Food Technology and M.Sc Microbiology? -- [New]
  2. Eligibility to appear in CSIR, ICMR and ICAR NET/JRF for Food Technology Postgraduate?
  3. List of colleges offering Post graduation in Food Technology?
  4. Which field I can go for doing Post graduation course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?
  5. Ph.D from any university after post graduation in M.Sc biotechnology? What subject should be best in Ph.D after M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  6. What is the eligibility to appper CSIR, ICMR, ICAR NET/JRF for food technology post graduation after completion of graduation?
  7. Can I apply for a test(Food Inspector) after doing graduation in BSc Biotechnology and PG in Fermentation and Microbial Technology
  8. Minimum qualification required for Food Inspector post?
  9. Which field or subject should I choose while in 2nd year B.Tech Biotechnology?
  10. Subject to opt for studying in M.Sc for B.Sc(Food Science & Technology) student?
  11. Am I eligible to get admission in M.Sc food science and technology?
  12. Which post graduation course should we prefer after B.Sc Biotechnology?
  13. Which are the colleges offering Post Graduation in Food Technology? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. B.Sc pass course student can do M.Sc in Food Technology?
  15. Future after doing post graduation in Biotechnology? Why Biotechnology is not introduce at +2 level?
  16. Am i eligible for Food Inspector job being physically handicapped?
  17. Is Forestry stream good to choose for Post Graduation course?
  18. Am I eligible to study Post Graduation in Bio-Processing Engineering after completing B.Sc in Biotechnology?
3rd December 2016, 02:04 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to choose in post graduation between Biotechnology and Food Technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am harika chowdary. My self studying B.Sc Microbiology & Food Science nutrition. I am confused to choose which subject in post graduation because I am fond of and interested in both biotechnology & food technology. My doubt, is opting food biotechnology as vast opportunities in south india.?! Or which part of biotechnology is the best in getting a highly passionate job in south india itself. Hoping the reply soon to my question. Thank you.

It is better to choose Biotechnology in post graduation over food technology. The job opportunities for the biotechnology post graduates are more and the remuneration will also higher compared to the food technology postgraduate. The biotechnology is wider and food science is narrow, so the opportunities are more in the biotechnology profession. Biotechnology is more leading and more of technical. One can choose the post graduation in Biotechnology course after graduation.
7th May 2017, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subject to choose in post graduation between Biotechnology and Food Technology?

Am I eligible for msc biotechnology from a reputed college after completing my graduation in bsc food technology. How will I benefited from this combination.please tell me mam/sir. I am vear much confused related what should I pursue in graduation and post graduation. I have completed my 12th from science side having subject physics chemistry biology. Please help me mam/sir
8th May 2017, 10:20 AM
EngineerSolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do not limit your career ambitions on the geographical locations.

Food technology will be more opportunity providing than biotechnology. Food is a basic necessity for all humans and it will stay the same. The food technology post graduate can get jobs of vivid range in government sector including food inspector etc. Also you may get jobs in private sector food processing companies like Britannia (GSK) etc.
21st May 2020, 06:57 AM
Unregistered

I'm Geetha . Sir!! I want to know which course is better MSc..Biotechnology or MSc.Food science and technology in the aspects of placements??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?