23rd January 2016, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Is Forestry stream good to choose for Post Graduation course?

I am doing my graduation (final year) in B.Sc. degree with subject combination of Zoology, botany and chemistry. My major subject is botany. After my graduation i want to do post graduation in forestry. So tell me if this stream is good to choose for post graduation? Please help.

25th January 2016, 09:47 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Forestry stream good to choose for Post Graduation course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing my graduation (final year) in B.Sc. degree with subject combination of Zoology, botany and chemistry. My major subject is botany. After my graduation i want to do post graduation in forestry. So tell me if this stream is good to choose for post graduation? Please help.
Yes, you can study M.Sc in Forestry science as your Master degree after completing B.Sc in with Combination of Zoology, Botany and Chemistry. You can get a job opportunity in Government and Public sector after completing M.Sc in Forestry Science. You can find job opportunities in zoological parks, wildlife ranges, corporate having their own plantations for timbering, wildlife research institutes, Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) etc. You can also appear in the Government exams such as,

- Union Public Service Commission (www.upsc.gov.in)
- Staff Selection Commission (ssc.nic.in/) and,
- Public Service Commission etc.

You can also try to get promoted to higher posts by qualifying in the several Departmental exams. Your interest and future goal is very important to select a right specialization. There is no doubt M.Sc Forestry science having good scope so, If you are interested in Forestry Science then you can apply after B.Sc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?