5th July 2019, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance exam to study MCom in Calcutta University?

I am studying BCom(H). I have secured 48% till me 2nd year. Now I have entered in 3rd year. I want to join Calcutta University for doing MCom. I would like to know that I have to give any entrance exam for admission in this course or I can get direct admission?

7th July 2019, 11:09 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam to study MCom in Calcutta University?

In order to get admission in MCom in Calcutta University C.U.), you have to appear in the Calcutta University Entrance Exam. 60% of total seats are filled up on the basis of order of merit of qualifying examination (graduation) for C.U. current year students and remaining 40% of seats are filled up on the basis of the marks obtained at the subject wise Entrance Test for Non C.U. and C.U. current year and back year students.

Official website;
https://www.caluniv.ac.in/
8th July 2019, 12:46 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

MCom at Calcutta University will be completely on the merit based. Candidate must have done BCom or graduation from a recognized university.

I am also giving you the university website link for your reference that is www.caluniv.ac.in
8th July 2019, 02:08 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying BCom(H). I have secured 48% till me 2nd year. Now I have entered in 3rd year. I want to join Calcutta University for doing MCom. I would like to know that I have to give any entrance exam for admission in this course or I can get direct admission?

Yes, candidates have to appear for the online Entrance Test for the admission to study MCom in Calcutta University. Duration of the entrance test is 1 hour and it contains 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). Candidates who have passed BCom (Honors) from Calcutta University or any other recognized university with at least second class marks are eligible to study the MCom course in the Calcutta University. Duration of the MCom course is 2 years in the Calcutta University.
8th July 2019, 08:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Calcutta University itself conducts entrance exam for admission in MCom degree at various colleges affiliated to it and also for the university campus. Just make sure you perform excellently in the entrance exam if you want to get admission at the university campus.

For admission at Calcutta University campus for MCom, you need to have a top rank in the entrance exam. Just make sure you are well prepared for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?